AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these speakers are any good? I'm just about convinced that I'm going to purchase an AV123 MFW-15 sub for my HT. While researching the AV123 site, I noticed what appears to be a sweetheart deal on a complete AV123 system including that MFW-15 sub. I currently have BMW 601-S2 (circa 2000) fronts with a matching B&W Center channel. However, I'm wondering if the AV123 group might be a better matched set.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just wondering - if your center and mains are matched already, how would the ELT's be better at matching?

Not saying the ELTs are bad - but I'm not sure how much of an improvement they would be over your B&Ws, as I've never heard the B&Ws before.

The ELT's are nice little speakers and really great at music, and the sale price is nice, but just as an FYI, the sales do happen pretty frequently, so I would not purchase these at MSRP. That being said, the current sale is one of the better ones for a 5.1 ELT/MFW combo.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think for the money, the ELTs are hard to beat! I do have a pair I am using for surround duty, but before I mounted them in the back I had them sitting on top of my 850s for about a week. For their size and what I paid for them I would describe them as a "No Brainer". Just another excellent offering from Mark.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The ELT's are great speakers particularly for music and they're competent for HT as well. They're inefficient so you need to feed them decent juice especially for HT use. My only other reservation with them is Av123's reputation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.