AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning conection and set-up. I presently own audio separates (5 channel amp and a pre-amp)....my older pre-amp does not have connections for analog input for DVD-Audio and or SACD...and also does not have the capabilities for 6.1 or 7.1 playback. I was wondering instead of scrapping my present pre-amp...is there any way to integrate my present system with a AV Receiver that has SACD connections and 6.1 and 7.1 capabilities?...using the best of both? Does it work as ...whatever source component connected to the control component...the control component controls it...so if DTS DVD is connected to the old pre-amp...it will control it? And if analog SACD is connected to the AV Receiver...it will control that? So then what happens to 6.1 and 7.1 ?

Or do you think it necessary to scrap the pre-amp...and just use an AV Receiver (i.e. Denon 3802) as a pre-amp? How does one use the AV Receiver as a pre-amp...when I only have a 5 channel amp...can I use one or two channels of the AV Receiver along with the 5 channel amp?

Thanks,

Michael

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.