AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had a previous post but figured I needed to start over with some new information.  I will have 5 TV's, 1 DVD player, 1 Stereo receiver, and 1 amp.  The house is new construction with everything run to an AV closet. AV guy ran 2 cat 6 and 1 coax to each TV with the longest run of 120'. The basement is wired for surround sound and 4 other rooms in the house have speakers. I had this same setup in my old house except I ran rapid run HDMI cables to each TV and had a MRF250 base station in closet connected to 5 directv receivers.  

My AV guy says I will need HDMI extenders which will cost 2-3k or a gefen matrix which will be 5-6k.  Somebody suggested a monoprice HDBaseT 4x4 matrix which is $1500. I spoke with monoprice this morning and they said i don't need it because my runs aren't that long.  They recommended this  http://www.monoprice.com/Product?ab3=b&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.1&c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011310&p_id=8151&seq=1&format=2  4x4 matrix HDMI switch and splitter but said I wouldn't be able to connect 1 of my TV"s or DVD since it's only a 4x4.  They suggested connecting the closest TV directly since it's only 25'. I definitely like this matrix better as it's only $300 but I'm more confused than ever.  Can you please provide some recommendations on how you smart people would set this up?  It was so simple and worked great with my rapid run HDMI cables.  I thought cat6 was going to make it cheaper but it seems like it's getting a lot more expensive.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts