AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was listening to NPR on my commute home, and they had a section on home theater. Thier guest was from AV interiors I think.

Anyway she explained the differences in basic terms between plasma, flat screen, front projection, rear projection, LCD, DLP, HDTC, DTV, surround sound etc. Quite a nice briefing of information for the uninformed.

Of course no mention of CRT PJ's -- as I would expect to be honest... untill... The host asked what would be in the Ultimate home theater. She said for the PJ - it has to be 3-Gun CRT, hard to find and very expensive - the elite units of home theater.

:)

Of course we all know that, but it's nice to hear it on the air.

- Rick

·
Registered
445 Posts
FOUND IT!

No text, but a audio link of the interview of Mary Ann Giorgio from AV Interiors by Robert Siegal (of SNL fame?):

NPR

- Chris

ps - ya gotta suffer through 2.5 minutes of ridiculous coments by newbies until you get to the actual interview. AMAZING how uninformed the general public is!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisH
FOUND IT!

No text, but a audio link of the interview of Mary Ann Giorgio from AV Interiors by Robert Siegal (of SNL fame?):

NPR

- Chris

ps - ya gotta suffer through 2.5 minutes of ridiculous coments by newbies until you get to the actual interview. AMAZING how uninformed the general public is!
Thanks for the link. I am an avid NPR lister and subscriber and I missed it. It's great to know we are the "Elite". :) Yea there was a lot of stuff about Plasma. (Not My Taste) but in all a good report.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.