Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shelf/Wallmount Cabinet?

I'm doing a 42" plasma install into my small (as in, NYC small) bedroom. We're doing it both for the added viewing pleasure along with the interest in saving floor/surface space.

To cut to the chase, my objective is to move EVERYTHING off of surface space and onto the wall. As such, I've got to move the DVD Player, TiVo, and Cable Box onto the wall, also.

One of the kinks in this plan is that we don't have hollow walls. As such, I'll probably end up using some surface mounted conduit to run an extension cord and the cable coax up the wall to the base of the plasma wall bracket (which is behind the TV itself). From there, I'd run the wires behind the screen either to the side or above the screen (we do have high ceilings) where, presumably, I'd have a shelf/cabinet of some sort holding all the equipment.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a shelf/wallmount cabinet that I could use in this type of setup? Obviously I'm looking for something more that just a standard Home Depot shelf here -- I'm hunting for something that looks good, maybe has some wire management, obviously, it needs to be deep enough for a DVD player/TiVo, etc, etc.

Appreciate any thoughts/help you might have...

-- Mark

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not sure how many components your trying to get off the floor but I used these
http://www.vogelsusa.com/audio.htm

for a minimalist approach. It got all my stuff off the floor and gave me a spot to put my subwoofer (under the rack) there no doors to open and they are no bigger than your largest component. (Look in my gallery at the 1st pic on the left side of the plasma)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.