AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on a Sony 55" HX800 LED LCD panel and need to replace my current AV furniture. My old setup was just a simple AV rack sitting next to my old rear projector TV. The center speaker sits on top of the TV.

I really like having the center speaker (Definitive Technologies CLR1000) up above the TV and rather not put it under the TV as I think it would be too low. Looking at most of the AV cabinets which house the AV gear in shelves under the TV, I haven't seen any that have a shelf above the TV.

I'd also like to have the TV sit near the front of the stand to get it as close to me as possible. That also leaves me some space the TV for smaller components like my power conditioner to sit hidden behind it and save some cabinet space.

To get an idea of what I'm looking for, I made a quick mock-up in Second Life. I added a swivel mount to the back of the TV but that's not a hard requirement as the stand on this TV allows me to swivel the TV to point to me when I'm just watching alone (my chair is slightly off-center due to my room layout.)

Anyone seen something similar to this for sale? I've looked at a bunch of stands and haven't seen one myself. I figured I'd ask before I consider trying to build one myself from scratch (I'm not much of a carpenter). Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately there is a sliding glass door behind where the TV is so wall mounting isn't an option. I've looked at more stands and still haven't found one that would offer the optimal solution for my needs. Looks like I'm going to have to learn some carpentry skills.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.