AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a not terribly expensive, but good quality AV switching device that can take 3 (or 4) component inputs ?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
17 Posts
JVC makes a 3 to 1 switcher for about $100.. Not sure of the model #, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere on web..

I've heard of ppl who have gone to walmart and bought an analog (important) RCA switcher (Yellow + Red + White... you know the kind), and have gotten along just find using it at as component video switcher... In theory since it's analog, it should work just fine with no loss of signal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll second the usage of cheap(er) composite-stereo switcher for usage on component. They work fine becuase there just physical connections being made and are no different than you just swapping wires. Electronic ones could pose a problem since the bandwidth of the opamps used may not be high enough for HD connections.

Anyways, my friend used one from radioshack that had 2 inputs and one output and it switched between an X-Box and a DVD fine. The only difference is that the cheaper ones may some crosstalk due to poor shielding, but even the radioshack one worked fine....and that was with some cheap radioshack composite/stereo goldplated RCA patch cables!

PS...remember if you dont need S-Video there no need to pay extra for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.