AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 7 speakers and a Denon 4802R receiver from AV123. Purchased in August but my Ht not complete so last Sunday was day one for me. Hooked all the audio equipment up and had a severe problem with the receiver. Bad center channel amp. I posted on this forum and AV123 forum with the problem and the owner Mark S. emailed from Russia within 1 1/2 hrs of my post. He assured me not to worry and that it would be taken care of immediately. I called AV123 Monday morning and they offered to ship out a new unit before I could even ask for a replacement. I received it yesterday and hooked it up last night. Everything seems to be fine. I want to thank Mark, Steve and Sean for exceptional customer service. Great products are only half of the picture. I was worried I would be told to send my unit to Denon which would have taken weeks to resolve. I understand that with complex electronics things can go wrong. Another problem might show up but I feel confident that this company will be there to help. I would encourage anyone to consider this company for great equipment and service. I know I will purchase from them in the future.

Dan Brown

· Registered
644 Posts
And people always ask us why we are so excited and such big fans of this company.

· Registered
367 Posts
Threads like this are why I bought an SVS and why I will most likely buy Rockets when I upgrade. That and the fact that someone in Little Rock is signed up at Audioenvy. I figure I will have to drive to Dallas to do real comparisons.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I got my Denon 3803 from them about two weeks ago but was going to wait until my rockets got here to hook it all up. I guess I better get it out and try it with my current speakers to double check huh... Would be a major bummer to get my new speakers and have a channel out. That is why I am replacing my Yamaha now. Onix is a unique company... maybe will never get rich but will always have faithful and good customers because they treat them right.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
What separates the good companies from the great companies is customer service. Make no mistake about it. A company that stands behind their products and goes out of their way to make a customer happy after a bad experience is likely to be rewarded with a repeat customer and great word-of-mouth. Companies that prove to be inflexible, indifferent and difficult to deal with will fail.

· Registered
2,188 Posts
********** has been famous for their customer service since the old Diva days. Everything about the way they do business is quality. I recently hooked up the new Denon 1804 Mark sent me to his new ELT system, and it sounds phenomenal. No problems with the Denon, and the speakers are insane at that price.

· Registered
619 Posts
I have to agree with the exceptional service. I'll repost this since the previous mega-thread has been removed.

I ordered the number 2 setup in September or October, 2002. The west-coast dock strike happened and shipments stopped. Due to the strike, AVS had speakers air freighted to the US to fill the demand in a timely manner -- and did this at their own expense.

The morning of the day my speakers were to be delivered I received email stating that AV123 may have accidentally sent refurbished stock for the surrounds. They were sending replacements by overnight air, at their own expense, with return air shipment also paid.

I've dealt with refurbished electronics before and I actually prefer them somewhat: The manufacturer usually brings it up to better-than-new specs (at least the reputable ones).

Unless there were a huge gouge in the wood I probably wouldn't have noticed. But AV123 sold me a new set and they were concerned that I get what I ordered.

Customer service? Hell yes! Mark seems to be one of those rare individuals with pride in his products. He wants them to reflect his standards.

Those standards are high. And his products do reflect his pride.

Rick

· Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DennisR
I'm confused. I didn't know ********** also sold receivers ??????? I don't see them on their web site.

Dennis
YES... we are now selling some electronics... and we will also be selling other things in the future as well... WHY, because we feel we can be of some service to our customer base by doing so... We can "package" our products (with those of others) and yield and even greater "value for dollar spent" in the end result for our customers.

I'm currently over in Taiwan now looking at display devices to see if there might be some possible synergies in the future... Who knows... ;)

I've asked our guys to NOT make a big push on this using our site... Those that phone us up... or connect with us by other means will be offered this service... but we will not be marketing ourselves as the next One Call.

Thanks for asking Dennis...

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

· Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cpto
I have to agree with the exceptional service. I'll repost this since the previous mega-thread has been removed.

I ordered the number 2 setup in September or October, 2002. The west-coast dock strike happened and shipments stopped. Due to the strike, AVS had speakers air freighted to the US to fill the demand in a timely manner -- and did this at their own expense.

The morning of the day my speakers were to be delivered I received email stating that AV123 may have accidentally sent refurbished stock for the surrounds. They were sending replacements by overnight air, at their own expense, with return air shipment also paid.

I've dealt with refurbished electronics before and I actually prefer them somewhat: The manufacturer usually brings it up to better-than-new specs (at least the reputable ones).

Unless there were a huge gouge in the wood I probably wouldn't have noticed. But AV123 sold me a new set and they were concerned that I get what I ordered.

Customer service? Hell yes! Mark seems to be one of those rare individuals with pride in his products. He wants them to reflect his standards.

Those standards are high. And his products do reflect his pride.

Rick
Hello Rick...

Wow... thank you ever so much for sharing this information...

YOU are what this business is all about... and none of us forget that as we go about our business every day... We have YOU to thank for our growth... and you to think about when it comes to our next steps...

Humbly... Gratefully...

... with thanks...

mls

· Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by D_B_0673
I purchased 7 speakers and a Denon 4802R receiver from AV123. Purchased in August but my Ht not complete so last Sunday was day one for me. Hooked all the audio equipment up and had a severe problem with the receiver. Bad center channel amp. I posted on this forum and AV123 forum with the problem and the owner Mark S. emailed from Russia within 1 1/2 hrs of my post. He assured me not to worry and that it would be taken care of immediately. I called AV123 Monday morning and they offered to ship out a new unit before I could even ask for a replacement. I received it yesterday and hooked it up last night. Everything seems to be fine. I want to thank Mark, Steve and Sean for exceptional customer service. Great products are only half of the picture. I was worried I would be told to send my unit to Denon which would have taken weeks to resolve. I understand that with complex electronics things can go wrong. Another problem might show up but I feel confident that this company will be there to help. I would encourage anyone to consider this company for great equipment and service. I know I will purchase from them in the future.

Dan Brown
Hello Dan...

Thanks for sharing this information... and I'm glad we were there to fulfill your expectations... Our goal as a team is to do this all the time --- for each and every customer.

This company WILL be there to help you in all ways possible... and I'm glad that your pleased with the result... Your e-mail while I was in Russia really called us to arms... and I meant every word in my reply... and I wish to thank you for trusting us (me) to do The Right Thing... :)

Come back and visit with us anytime...

Wishing you all the very best...

mls

· Registered
379 Posts
I never thought an Internet company could provide such great customer service! Although I've never experienced an actual problem, the quality of service/help I received before, during and after the sale was Excellent! Don't forget the great products and Great Bang for the Buck factor!

Arnold

P.S. Waiting for the Emotiva 7 ch amp, RS 1000's, ERT's and Ref Sub.

· Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Can't add much to what has already been said. Outstanding Customer Service, an incredile array of products and good pricing. Hard to beat!

AV123 has always been very patient with me as I tend to nitpick on all things. So if I thought a tweeter was bad - BANG! New tweeter or speaker. I blew out my HSU VTF 3 the first day (do not play organ music on uncalibrated system at ref!). They had actuallly hooked me up with these a year or so ago - and again - new SUB on it's way. (I was too nervous about taking it apart to replace in those days - boy have I changed!).

Steve and Sean are the unfortunate recipients of my many calls and emails over all kinds of things, is the sub a littlel too boomy?...maybe the mid range is not quite as full?...How do I plug in the sub?...

Always getting back with me immediately and solving my issue. Real or NOT!

While I like their products - the customer service - repsonse of the company - and Mark's willingness to really HEAR his customers is what sets AV123 apart - not just just from Internet/Online companies - but from B & M as well.

Therese

· Registered
190 Posts
OK, I have to jump in here as well and add my 2¢ worth . . .

Back in March, I bought a set of Rockets (750's, 300's, 250's and bigfoot) that were a B-stock special. My wife and I were in the process of building a home at the time and we thought we were about 90 days from moving in. So I jumped on the offer and when they arrived, I stacked the boxed speakers in my office at work. The only speaker I looked at was one of the 250's. I pulled it out often to show co-workers how beautiful the finish was.

Well, sparing you the details, we finally got to move in this month! When I started setting up my Rockets, I discovered that one of the tweeters on the 300's was dented. I e-mailed Steve and told him I was about 97% sure I did not do it getting it out of the box but I would not bet my new house on it. Keep in mind that these were B-stock speakers that I bought nearly 6 months ago.

Steve immediately shipped me a replacement tweeter and offered to solder on connectors if I did not feel comfortable with a soldering iron!

Now, my Rockets are in place and all the guests to my home theatre have been blown away by the sound and experience!

I, too, will be a Onix customer for life . . . Now if I could just convince my wife I needed one of those Onix watches. . . . :D

· Registered
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DougSmith911

I, too, will be a Onix customer for life . . . Now if I could just convince my wife I needed one of those Onix watches. . . . :D
Doug,

I showed my wife the Onix watches. I had no intention of purchasing these watches. I told her that they even have matching men's & women's sport watches! To make a long story short, they are Mighty fine watches. My wife and I now having matching watches!

Arnold

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.