AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone remember what the sealed recommendations were for the avalanche 18? I've searched exhaustively, and can't find them anywhere.

If anyone wants to throw out a recommendation, it's going in a pretty large basement, around 4000cubic feet and being fed with a 500watt parts express plate amp (for now anyway).

I seem to recall something like 12 cubic feet with around 500watts, was ascendants recommendation... any suggestions? Thanks!

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindahl /forum/post/0

For 4000 cubic feet, you'd be much better off going with a ported enclosure.

Unfortunately, I can't do that and need to go sealed.

It will be going in s smaller room in about 6mths though, so I can deal with it for now.

· Registered
103 Posts
I don't remember the exact parameters, but I remember Chad had them in 4.5 cubic foot boxes.These would be the smallest you would want to go because they would be in a high "Q" enclosure. I would just build the biggest enclosure you could afford. The bigger they are, the more efficient they are down low. I'm at a disadvantage without the parameters though. Hope that helps.

· Registered
275 Posts
Avalanche 18 Specs

Fs=16 Hz

Qms=6

Qes=0.429

Qts=0.4

Vas=550 L

Re=3.2 ohms

Znom*=4 ohms

Xmax=27 mm

Sd=1210 cm2

Mms=369 g

Vd=6.53 L

Pnom=800 watts

Le=2.4 mH

Cutout=16.75"

Diameter=18.5"

Depth=9.1"

Weight=42 pounds

Sealed 4.6-12 cu ft

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.