AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Where is the count down, I dont see it anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
countdown is gone and it still says " wish i could tell you more" and there is a small avatar ad. as i said before , very very poor delivery of information, horrible... a wasted countdown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Thanks to Panasonic & Fox for plotting together to ruin the more rapid success of the 3D format. This is "the" feature 3D film that could have secured the adoption of the 3D TV standard into thousands and thousands of more homes.


Panasonic will sell more of their fine 3D plasmas, but other manufacturers will suffer and thus the acceptance of this new and wonderful format will be slowed. Although it's not the best film ever made, it certainly is on most consumers must have list for BD 3D.


eBay will make a fortune just on the sale of this movie to people who own other manufacturers 3D TVs. FOX also must have singed a very lucrative deal with Panasonic. So everyone makes money while the fate of 3D TV possibly hangs in the balance.


I want this format to succeed and yes, I am an owner of another brand of 3D panel. And yes, I would certainly purchase a copy at a store or online. But the point is this exclusive deal, which could run for more than a year, will certainly hurt the overall sales of 3D TV. If the 3D sets don't sell well, it won't matter how much content there is. Here's hoping I'm wrong.


Bah, Humbug!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyperson /forum/post/19577666


And BTW--is anyone willing to sell me a used copy for $1,000 ?!?!?!

I assume you are joking, but you can buy it along with 2 pairs of Panasonic glasses for $399 from Best Buy (online or in some stores) and then could sell the glasses if you wanted to. It can be found on the bestbuy.com site by searching for EW3D2MMK2.


--Darin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyperson /forum/post/19577666


Thanks to Panasonic & Fox for plotting together to ruin the more rapid success of the 3D format. This is "the" feature 3D film that could have secured the adoption of the 3D TV standard into thousands and thousands of more homes.

I think it's a brilliant move by Panasonic. instead of having to buy an entire TV/disc player/glasses package, you can get the movie with just a glasses package. if you never care to own a Viera, sell the glasses and keep the movie. getting rid of the glasses should be easy as these are the new rechargeable ones. I'll probably just opt to keep the glasses and pick up a Viera later as I'm in the market for an in wall set and the Panny's are the best available. in either case, Panny did a good job of making this available to the most people while still expanding their brand.


and if you read the news, 3D adoption is, contrary to many sour grapesers, blowing up:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20...#ixzz16rl2kMsX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by khee mao /forum/post/19578592


I think it's a brilliant move by Panasonic. instead of having to buy an entire TV/disc player/glasses package, you can get the movie with just a glasses package. if you never care to own a Viera, sell the glasses and keep the movie. getting rid of the glasses should be easy as these are the new rechargeable ones. I'll probably just opt to keep the glasses and pick up a Viera later as I'm in the market for an in wall set and the Panny's are the best available. in either case, Panny did a good job of making this available to the most people while still expanding their brand.


and if you read the news, 3D adoption is, contrary to many sour grapesers, blowing up:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20...#ixzz16rl2kMsX

Gotta admit, it's not that bad of a deal. Especially if they came out with an external emitter (3-pin VESA) for the glasses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 /forum/post/19578711


Gotta admit, it's not that bad of a deal. Especially if they came out with an external emitter (3-pin VESA) for the glasses.

considering the Monsters vs Aliens and How to Train Your Dragon starter packs MSRPed for the same amount, I don't think it's a bad deal at all...


now that the proverbial 'holy grail' is available to the public, I'm wondering what'll happen to sales of the other content though, or even what else is on the horizon.


I have Despicable Me and Alice in Wonderland on pre-order, but am suddenly a bit less excited for those. Tron: Legacy and Transformers 3 might be worth a purchase, but those haven't even hit movie theaters yet...hmmmm
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top