AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using it from a HTPC to a Sanyo PLV-60. I made my own with the shielded cat 5 cable, but have noticed some scan-lines, and upon re-reading the forum discovered I used the wrong cable. (Now I am to annoyed to make another!)

The Cables both look good. I would need around 15 - 20 feet.

Thanks!

-Jeffrey

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you ever read what our adminstrator David Bott used in the making of "The Nate" home theatre? If he thought enough of bettercables to use through out his home theatre, then add me to the list. Though they are expensive I have never regretted buying them for my own personal Home Theatre. I have tried many different brands, IMO we believe in the better quality was put in, before the name was ever put on! http://www.bettercables.com

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'd say that "you get what you pay for" is true within reason. I'd be a little weary of buying those cables, however at those prices if you thought they degraded the image you could bin them.

I ran some cheapo cables from a computer show and I could tell the difference.

If you are strapped then all you really need is to get the image...maybe later when you have some extra cash you can upgrade....

EAS

·
Registered
109 Posts
Talk to Rick Thompson at GEPCO International ( www.gepco.com ). They sell high quality RGBHV cable and can install connectors for you. The cost for the cable and connectors is about 1/2 what BetterCables charges and most likely the same exact cable (all the specifications are identical). (800)966-0069 x21 or [email protected]

The cost is $1.35/foot for RGBHV cable, but the connectors and installation is $50 for a VGA/5-BNC cable. They use really good connectors, though. If you did this at home, you could save a lot by just ordering the cable.

Cheers,

Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.