AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Reason I ask is, I just downloaded a file to a disc and put it into my PS3, and it says that there are no titles. This is what I downloaded . Its a basic SMPTE color patterns disc for primary and secondary color calibration.

I am stumped to say the least

·
Registered
287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/14298095

Anyone wanna chime in? I need help :/

Try this:

While in the XMB highlight the data disc you entered, Instead of pressing X to select the disc press Triangle and it will show you some options. Choose "Display All" and see if it works. I need to do the same thing for movies to show up when I put them on a USB drive.

·
Registered
591 Posts
you have to burn it as an image using something like nero. Dont use the bd or hd version, and make sure you burn it to a dvd. I think its the choice in the middle on the website. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The PS3 definately plays AVCHD. I have an AVCHD camcorder. I have played these files from USB stick, DVD (burned as a data disk), and streamed over ethernet from my computer and my NAS.

I'll download this file and see if it plays.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have an AVCHD camcorder. I've played these files from a DVD and from a SD card. The PS3 will NOT play AVCHD from its hard drive. Weird.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I downloaded the file... it is an .iso file. This is a wrapper containing all the requisite files to create a DVD. You CANNOT just copy it to a disk... burning software that is ISO-aware must be used to extract the files and write to the disk. I suppose there are a million utilities that would do the same thing.

I used my Ulead buring software to burn a standard DVD. I explored the disk. It is a blu ray formatted disk, with the BRDV folder, then inside a STREAM folder full of *.m2ts AVCHD files.

I played this disk on my PC and it loaded and played fine. BTW, it contains some nice "Avia-like" test patterns.

Played fine in my PS3. Came up as an AVCHD disk. No problem.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
I have an AVCHD .iso file, but it is sized for a DVD-9. I haven't tried yet, but I wanted to mount the .iso file as a drive on my PC and stream it to my PS3 (I don't have any DVD-9 discs). Would that be possible? I could also mount the file, copy the contents to a removable drive, and then connect it the the PS3.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should just buy some DVD-9 RW discs...

·
Registered
551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/14300468

I have an AVCHD .iso file, but it is sized for a DVD-9. I haven't tried yet, but I wanted to mount the .iso file as a drive on my PC and stream it to my PS3 (I don't have any DVD-9 discs). Would that be possible? I could also mount the file, copy the contents to a removable drive, and then connect it the the PS3.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should just buy some DVD-9 RW discs...

Here's a free app from Microsoft for mounting an ISO file as a virtual CD/DVD drive: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe

It's not super user friendly, but basically you start the app, create a virtual drive, then mount the ISO on it. From there you can copy the files elsewhere (or probably even point Tversity at it and stream them).

·
Registered
515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidenT /forum/post/14301007

Here's a free app from Microsoft for mounting an ISO file as a virtual CD/DVD drive: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe

It's not super user friendly, but basically you start the app, create a virtual drive, then mount the ISO on it. From there you can copy the files elsewhere (or probably even point Tversity at it and stream them).

What would be ideal is if TVersity or Twonky would just stream from the iso.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts