AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this player has been discussed here but saw this in my local PC shop being sold for less than US$250. Don't know if its multi-region capable since its Japanese (probably R2 only not sure)

http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia...2003/avlp1dvd/

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...%2Favlp1dvd%2F

"AVeL LinkPlayer (the アヴェル link player)", you record in the personal computer and by way of the network to enjoy with the television and the audio equipment it is possible the various image picture audio contents which are accumulated, it is the media player. DVD drive is loaded, DVD video of course, can play back also image and the picture and the audio file which are recorded to DVD and CD that way. "AVeL LinkPlayer" is the convenient network media player who connects the personal computer and the AV equipment.

AVeL (アヴェル), the eye o data lectures,

It is the product series which actualizes "Audio Visual for e-Life".

You can experience operation!

|instruction manual|driver|Q & A| You can view the rear terminal of completeness, with illustration. >>> specification

You see with the television, the れ る! It corresponds to® colorful type such as MPEG-1/2, DivX VIDEO, XviD, JPEG, WMA and MP3!

* Therefore hardware decoding system, as for image indication being natural, smooth. In order the original animated picture file to play back with "AVeL LinkPlayer" that way, CPU load of the personal computer which is retained is little, there is no either picture quality deterioration with re-conversion.

* It corresponds to the various compressed formats. If the compressed data be able to save the CD/DVD media, storage the compact.

* Corresponding data format

Video format

MPEG-1/2/DivX® VIDEO/XviD

Picture format BMP/JPEG/GIF/PNG

Audio format WMA/MP3/MP2/AAC/AC3/PCM/OggVorbis

-> As for details please view "the corresponding media corresponding data format" of specification. >>> specification

*The part format converting on personal computer side, becomes playback.

With high functional server software "AVeL LinkServer", comfortable network playback!

"AVeL LinkServer" is image in "the AVeL LinkPlayer" empty personal computer and the server software which actualizes the access to the picture and music. At personal computer one "AVeL LinkServer" is installed, plural "AVeL LinkPlayer" can be utilized.

- It installs "the AVeL LinkServer" software to the personal computer, with accesses "AVeL LinkPlayer" empty network.

- If the wireless LAN adapter is installed in the PC card slot the rear, even at the room which is far it can access with the radio.

Corresponding wireless LAN card: This corporation make 802.11b corresponding 11Mbps wireless LAN adapter "WN-B11/CFL" (selling separately)

* Compact flash adapter "PCCF-ADP" (selling separately) is necessary. It updates the information of correspondence of the wireless LAN adapter on occasion.

* At the time of radio connection the reproducible video file becomes maximum 3Mbps. There are times when in addition, network environment and with the state of the data, the scene falling etc. occur.

The digital camera photograph which enters into the memory card ラクラク!

* If the memory card where the digital camera photograph enters into the PC card slot the rear is installed, that way sliding show and it is possible to play back selectively.

*As for playback function of memory card with update of future firmware correspondence schedule.

*The separate PC card adapter is necessary. This corporation make memory card, as for the PC card adapterplease view this.

Main attachment item

Remote control, single 4 electric battery ×2 (for remote control), AV cable and LAN cable, support software (CD-ROM)

Corresponding type (type name) The NEC PC98-NX series/DOS/V machine

Apple PowerMac series

Hardware requirement

CPU Above Intel Pentium III 500MHz

Interface Ethernet port (100BASE-TX/10BASE-T)

Memory Above 128MB (recommendation above 256MB)

HDD The being less crowded capacity of lowest 50MB

*As for the Apple PowerMac series, the type where correspondence OS operates

Correspondence OS Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 98 SecondEdition

MacOS 10.3

Interface

Video output Output terminal

Composite video ×1

S video ×1 *in S2 standard non correspondence

D4×1

1080i/720p/480p/480i

DVI-I×1 640×480 (VGA)/800×600 (SVGA)/1024×768 (XGA)

852×480/DVI 480p/DVI 720p/DVI 1080i

*DVD-Video is not output.

Aspect ratio 4:3 pan scan, 4:3 letter boxes, 16:9 wide

*As for DVD video aspect ratio and DivX VIDEO/MPEG-1,2 which® correspond play back at aspect ratio when encoding

Audio output Analog stereo (RCA pin-jack terminal) ×2 and S/PDIF (optical terminal ×1 and coaxial terminal ×1)

Network

LAN port 100BASE-TX/10BASE-T port (RJ-45) ×1

IP address Automatic operation and acquisition (DHCP client function)

Manual setting

*Wireless LAN adapter PC card available (description below)

PC card slot PCMCIA TypeII conformity ×1

Wireless LAN card

This corporation make 802.11b corresponding 11Mbps wireless LAN adapter "WN-B11/CFL" (selling separately)*

It updates the information of correspondence of the wireless LAN adapter on occasion.

Memory card This corporation make memory card*

*The separate PC card adapter is necessary.Please view this.

*As for playback function of memory card with update of future firmware correspondence schedule.

Rear terminal

Point: The D terminal equipment which it is easy to use. Analog voice response terminal at two concurrent connection to also ミニコンポ OK!

*You cannot use the image output terminal simultaneously. Respectively it becomes utilization with exclusion.

Corresponding media corresponding data format

Video format

MPEG-1/2/DivX® VIDEO/XviD

Standard of maximum bit rate, with MPEG-2 of the going by way of of network or DVD media with 8Mbps and the CD media becomes 4Mbps. At the time of radio connection it becomes 3Mbps.® DivX VIDEO approximately 1.5Mbps is standard.

In case of in each case network environment and with the state of the data, there are times when the scene falling etc. occur.

*It can play back XVD, WMV and ASF by the fact that it converts to MPEG-1 with Media Sink.

Picture format BMP/JPEG/GIF/PNG

Audio format WMA/MP3/MP2/AAC/AC3/PCM/OggVorbis

Media DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-ROM

CD-R/CD-RW/CD-ROM

*You can use also 8cm CD.

*It cannot play back DVD-RAM.

*Quality of the media, with the circumstance of lighting, part there is a media which cannot be played back.

DVD player function

Corresponding standard DVD-Video/Video CD/CD-DA (Audio CD)

*The DVD+RW media which records with the DVD+VR format is not yet correspondence.

*It cannot play back the DVD-RW media which records with the DVD-VR format.

Playback function

Playback/halt/stop/fast forward/you reset quickly,/the following chapter/chapter before

Title chapter selection playback and time search function, repeat playback and slow playback

Multiple angle, language selection, subtitle selection and setting of viewing restriction

Audio playback system Stereo PCM/Dolby Digital AC-3/DTS*

*Being digital, it outputs. The separate DTS decoder is necessary.

Region cord/code 2 (fixing)

Operation button Power source/disk removal

Playback/halt/stop/fast forward/you reset quickly,/the following file/the file before

External size 430 (W) the ×250 (D) the ×48 (H) mm projection ones you exclude

Power source AC100V 50/60Hz

Category temperature range (℃) 5 - 35

Operating humidity limit (%) 20 - 80

Installation condition Horizontality

Guarantee period 1 year guarantee

Various acquisition standards

-

Export management stipulation As for this product strategic material there are times when such as "foreign exchange it corresponds to the export regulation product and depending upon the stipulation of foreign trade method".

The case where you bring up overseas, there are times when procedure such as export license application of the Government of Japan becomes necessary.

Remark Even with the file of the corresponding format, there are times when it cannot play back just with compression setting and the like.

DivX and the DivX logo are registered trademarks of DivXNetworks and Inc. in the USA and other countries.

In order for us to deliver better product information, the questionnaire is executed. Please cooperate please.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did not have the chance to play around with the DVD player since they do not have any display unit - all were still boxed up (cant' speak the local language so didn't ask). My actual concern was more on the player not being able to play dvds other than R2. Maybe someone from Japan can answer this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Surprise reply:

Regarding my email to I-O Data: I received a reply from Mr. Mitsuo Jack Akita at the I-O office in Japan:

"Thank you for e-mail.

Now, actually, we just started to release it USA's Japanese people.

Sorry, English version's not yet. You can see the spec on our web site.

http://www.iodata.com/usa/products/p...Id=AVLP1%2FDVD

The Spec sheet says it has DVI. The price is $299. Clicking on "Buy Now" results in a not in stock but allow 10 additional days for delivery.

I just bought a Momitsu!! This is more but has some wired/wireless features that to me would certainly make it worth the price. It has the same Sigma Designs chip with additional features implementation.

Anybody want to be an initial buyer and make a report?

I will do some additional research and add info as I find it.

Tim

·
Registered
132 Posts
 http://www.iodata.jp/prod/multimedia...2003/avlp1dvd/

I had seen this player during a tour to Tokyo last month. I'd rather wait for momitsu V880N rather than this player with several reasons:

1. I coud not be sure whether it could be region or macrovision free.

2. The software was in Japanese.

3. From previous experiences with momitsu v880, I though it might have some firmware problems whcih need further upgrade.

4.It coud not have DVI output with its dvd player itself. Instead, it could have ouput from DVI by reading your PC's dvd-rom or hard disc files.(This had been stated in the above links ,also confirmed by other user's report.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
the features look awesome...

802.11 g + USB 2.0 + WM9...

if they made an english manual/menus i'd buy it in a minute and take the gamble on the PQ...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Doing a full translation would take up too much of my time but its a network media player that is WMV 9 compatible, outputs at 1280 x 720 resolution and can display and record HD content (TV programs etc) on your hard drive...

Correction, ah the joys of translation, it can display any media Hi-Def or otherwise that is saved onto a hard drive on your TV.

It also had software, DigitalVideo3D v1.5HD for creating your own HD content.

·
Registered
162 Posts
plus it is $289... man alive

·
Registered
62 Posts
If someone wants to "donate" one of these puppies, I can easily play around with it. One thing that the Japanese press release mentions is that it can play DVDs/files that lack authoring.

A D4 connector is useless in the States but maybe they will revamp if they launch for US?

·
Registered
162 Posts
i got the exact same email today-

"Thank you for the e-mail.

We had not released English news, but you are so quick!

OK, to be honest with you, the English version is coming on Octber.

Perhaps we may annouce it next month. English version may have some

different spec. I'll let you know after that.

Just in case, here is a English news letter:
http://www.iodata.com/usa/news/relea...25&ts=4&tsc=21

Thank you."

by the way... i think the two threads need to be combined...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok, help me out guys.

The spec of the new AVLP2/DVDG player says

DVI-I Out (HDCP no support)

Does that mean I can't hook it up to my Sony KV-34XBR800 and play back DVD thru that connector?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.