Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Avermedia has a new MCE card Avermedia UltraTV 1500MCE

Has anyone tried this yet? It looks just like the M150, but I couldn't find any information on what chip it's using. I know the M150 was using the Conexant Blackbird, and the new Hauppage 150MCE is using the Conexant 416, so I'd love to know what this one is using.

Also anyone have an opinion on which one is better, the Avermedia M150 or the Hauppage 150MCE? (I would assume the Hauppage with the newer chip).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI... I just talked to Avermedia Tech Support and the M150 and 1500MCE are identical hardware. The only difference is some non-MCE software comes with the 1500MCE.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joey c. - Yes, he said the extra software was for XP non mce.

almostinsane - What is NVTV? Have a better picture than the M150? Does it work in MCE?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well if it was that good almostinsane then why is Point of View the only sell it for now but then againe it look like eVGA maybe next manufacturer get in to game but I also find it a bit odd that nVidia chosse used 3rdparty encoder chip in stead of build own chip.

The chip on board is base on C-Cube DVxplore which now own by LSI Logic Corporation.

Do you have any MPEG clip back that up with?.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.