AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandrodaFL /forum/post/20892679

Its a USB tuner for MAC, also compatible with PCs. I searched a thread but could not find it. Has anyone been using them?

Hi Leandro,

I've been checking for this usb dongle since ever... But they haven't released it yet to the public.

I'm looking for the SBTVD-T model.

I'll subscribe to this topic in case someone knows about it.

http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Prod...il.aspx?Id=550

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luchazo, are you brasilian? I am, thats why Im looking for this specific model to, the ISBD-T

It started selling at idreamstore.com.br like 3 days ago, I would like some feedback tough, however this may be dificult as this model probably will only sell in the brasilian and japanese market

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm from Argentina, but We have the same Digital TDT Protocol.

I checked in idreamstore.com.br but didn't find it.

Do you remember where it was?

What I saw on avermedia.com is all the software linked to this tuner. So you can check it out. It seems "serious".. Avermedia is a good brand...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. I got this device, but I have no idea how to use it. I installed it on my macbook and installed the software, but Im not getting any channels. Besides, no light on the USB tuner turns up, so Im worried it may be defective.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeandrodaFL /forum/post/21042368

Ok. I got this device, but I have no idea how to use it. I installed it on my macbook and installed the software, but Im not getting any channels. Besides, no light on the USB tuner turns up, so Im worried it may be defective.

Are you sure that you have Brazilian digital channels on your area?

Also, have you tried rebooting?

Last question: What antenna are you using? It helps if you try to use it in a clean area, in case the signal is low near your home, just to make sure that that is ok.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to get FM radio and analog broadcast working alrady. I had to do a frequency scan. I will do a frequency search for HD signals tonight, no time at the moment.

I dunno whats the diference between a ferquency scan and a channel scan...anyways....

No lights turn up on the tuner, perhaps thats reserved for line i capture, there are s-video/conposite cables included to conect to the tuner.

Im using the provided antena. Having said that, the quality of analog is crap. Is there a better antena to conect to it? Perhaps a retractable one? Im looking for best quality possible.

BTW, that tuner gets HOT HOT HOT, is this normal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.