1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...4951730&EDATE=

What I care about:

AVerTVHD Duet

AVerTVHD Duet is a Digital Cable (ATSC and Unencrypted Digital "Clear" QAM) Digital dual tuner that lowers the consumption of CPU process and guarantees high-quality video without ghost images, and realistic color for content editing, such as instant recording, playback, and Time Shift functionalities. The greatest bonus is that it's a dual tuners card and with AVer MediaCenter or Windows Media Center, users can watch and record up to two live programs simultaneously. AVerTVHD Duet optimizes users' digital entertainment experience with Live TV, Pause, Schedule Recording with interactive TV Guide, playback Recorded TV shows with HDTV broadcasting. Manufactures Suggested Retail Price is $79.99

Take that! Hauppauge!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One picture shows that it is a USB tuner. But I was actually hoping for a PCI card that allows mixing of ATSC and QAM. It is a digital tuner and USB would mean no analog input. So SD is out of the picture. And I don't care.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Not all digital broaadcasts are at HD resolutions most tnetwork affiliates broadcasters use an HD resolution over their primary sub channel and use SD 480i over their secondary sub channels . Many PBS broadcasters broadcast using SD 480i over all of their digital channels.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/15574103

Not all digital broaadcasts are at HD resolutions most tnetwork affiliates broadcasters use an HD resolution over their primary sub channel and use SD 480i over their secondary sub channels . Many PBS broadcasters broadcast using SD 480i over all of their digital channels.

I was responding to someone else who had since deleted his post. SD in my post meant NTSC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts