AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with my AVerTV HD DVR.

I've had it for about a year, and since I got I've been using AVerMedia Center to record MPEG-2 files. After rendering these files in Sony Vegas there would be an audio sync issue, so to get around this I would use Any Video Converter and convert to MJPEG before editing.

I decided to cut out the conversion process. I first downloaded AVerMedia Center 1.7.8 which is supposed to be for a different product, but it worked fine. It had an AVI option which didn't work well, so I got AmaRecTV. I really like this program. I'm recording in MJPEG. Settings here:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My issue now is dropped frames. I don't think it's my computer, Win 7 64 bit, i5 760, 60 GB SSD with OS and all applications, 640 GB WD Black Caviar (where I record), 8 GB DDR3 RAM.

The program has never said anything about dropped frames, yet I might be mistaken, but I think this a dropped frame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5qG2UWEcU

I tried recording in MPEG-2 on AVerMedia center again and it still drops frames. I've tried re-installing AVerMedia center and the drivers, and no matter what I do, where I record, or what codec I use, I'm getting dropped frames.

Anyone able to help?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
If we're talking about the same thing, you showed screen tearing, not a dropped frame.

If I'm reading Digital Foundry correctly this shouldn't be present on a Call of Duty game though.

When I tried MJPEG I couldn't find a fast enough codec for my system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan /forum/post/20878490

If we're talking about the same thing, you showed screen tearing, not a dropped frame.

If I'm reading Digital Foundry correctly this shouldn't be present on a Call of Duty game though.

When I tried MJPEG I couldn't find a fast enough codec for my system.

I'm honestly thinking now it might be a hardware problem... I used to be able to record with AVerMedia Center and FRAPS with no stuttering/tearing or whatever this is?

Either hardware or the driver, but I have the most up to date driver installed.

My video card is really close to my capture card, but it's always been like this. The fan/heat sync from my GPU is almost touching it, and it is a little hot, could this be an issue?

I'm completely out of things to try. I tried recording in every codec I have and it keeps doing this stuttering thing. I tried using a different HDMI cable, using no HDMI splitter, no idea what else I can do.

I physically reinstalled the card, and reinstalled all the drivers and software. Completely out of ideas here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried a different game, and a different xbox. I tried AVerMedia center to record, in MPEG-2 and DivX AVI. I tried lossless and lossy codecs in AmaRecTV. I tried recording on my HDD and SDD. Every time I get this screen tear thing. Someone please help?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoylol /forum/post/20878956

I see you recorded 6 seconds of footage, and ended up with almost 40 MBs of data. Do you still compress/encode using another program after you capture? Or do you just deal with the huge file?

The file ends up being 40 mbps usually.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What are you using to encode under Recording > Video Compression?

I tried out the x262 or whatever it's called and that seems to give the smallest file size, but reduces the quality significantly -- often resulting in dropped frames. However, I am simply recording from an HD TV box to my computer, not using a splitter or anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Umm okay. It seems that AmaRec puts some satanic files in the folder that you download to install it. I deleted this folder, redownloaded, installed, and setup AmaRecTV, and the issue is resolved (I hope, it's 2 am only did a few tests).

No clue why this affect things the way it did, but I'm glad it's working. For a while I though I'd have to spend another $80 on a new card.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMunro /forum/post/20879443

Umm okay. It seems that AmaRec puts some satanic files in the folder that you download to install it. I deleted this folder, redownloaded, installed, and setup AmaRecTV, and the issue is resolved (I hope, it's 2 am only did a few tests).

No clue why this affect things the way it did, but I'm glad it's working. For a while I though I'd have to spend another $80 on a new card.

That sounds like a settings issue. When I toyed around with settings and came across something that was buggy like insane barring it ended up taking a clean reinstall to fix it (as that defaults settings back to what they were before)

If you're getting the stuttering with both programs chances are it is a hardware issue, if not a driver issue. Though it sounds like you fixed it, congrats!

Also as a side question: do you use Sony Vegas with these clips after you capture them? If not, what do you use?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I use Vegas afterwards. I've found the issue. It's the Device tab in AmaRecTV. To get audio I have to use the crossbar, and if I do it wrong I seem to get sound and screen tearing, or no sound and no screen tearing.

Trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright I think I've got it figured out. I have to deleted the amarectv210b_en folder, then re-extract it. Then I run the program setup again. For device I select AVerMedia BDA Analog Capture Secondary, and same thing for audio. The trick is for input I must select secondary. If I don't it auto scans or something which seems to be causing the issue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.