Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Last night I adjusted my brightness and contrast using AVIA without any problems on my G15.

I am wondering what you guys do to adjust your color and such? I have used Avia several times on my RPTV, but I have never used it on the DILA. The settings that can be tweaked have different names from what I can see and I got a little confused.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could explain how they used Avia to set the colors.

Thanks,

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

·
Registered
835 Posts
Come one Cameron, you've already gone all out on a G15! Go for the calibration as well! Also, controls like brightness and contrast don't work the same on a digital projector as they do on a CRT. The AVIA tests will probably allow you to get the correct values for brightness and contrast, but it could just as easily be inaccurate. Maybe someone with more familiarity can comment?

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kam,

Well I do plan on getting the professional calibration. I have one stuck pixel that is bothering me and I am debating whether or not to get the projector serviced according to the warranty. I am holding out for the panamorph which will shrink that pixel down about 33%. I want to see how it is then before servicing the unit.

Therefore I am trying to get the picture as good as possible in the meantime.

I am also hoping that Dilard will be able to provide the same quality calibration as the guys that are doing it now.

Then I wouldn't have to ship the darn thing.

Cameron

------------------

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Cameron,

While working on the Gamma Correction Wizard, the most excellent piece of technology fell out...right into my lap.

It's going to be the "Contrast and Brightness" Wizard, and allows you to nail those settings perfectly (yes, perfectly), and will be a recommended step before doing the at-home calibration routine.

You simply line up two bars on a target consisting of a gradiant of three colors using 6 controls and when you have all bars on the target, you have the settings perfect.

I liked it so much that I've decided to release it. In fact, maybe I will get that out to you soon so you don't get bored waiting for the Gamma/Shading.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark,

Awesome! Please do send it as soon as possible!!!

Thx,

Cameron

------------------

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mark, If you do get the Brightness Contrast wizard complete before the Gamma, please post it on your site if at all possible. I'd be very interested in trying it - I'm always adjusting my setup, the more tools the better.

Thanks,

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 5/25/01

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Brian, Cameron,

Sure thing. I will let it out ASAP. Even though contrast and brightness seem like benign controls, this Wizard is fairly serious about getting them right...more details to come soon...

The Gamma Wizard will be the next release. This Contrast/Brightness Wizard just "fell out" when working on the Gamma Wizard, and the matrix mathematics calculations in the Gamma Wizard is taking a little longer than I expected.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks Mark,

Can't wait. I can imagine how much fun it is working on applications like this. Coming up with ways to tweak these projectors and implementing it into software that is easy to use is a difficult task.

Thanks,

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 5/25/01

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.