Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'd appreciate some help with using Avia on my Sammy and I hope Ken/Mike/Supertoyz (or anyone!) could lend a few pointers.

First, is it possible to use the various color test patterns (blue / red / green) in Avia with the blue / red / green filters in front of your eyes with the R-Gain (etc) in the service menu to gain a better "hue" or "saturation" of the various colors? I noticed that when attempting to do a user setting calibration based on some of the 214 tweaks (I didnt change my color wheel timing) on my comp1 input the red and green hue and saturation weren't that good and tweaking the color (tint?) setting in the um didn't help. I could never make the flashing squares come even close to dissapearing. I could make the various blue tests work really well (e.g. grey and flashing blue looked the same with the blue filter). If you could use the service menu R-Gain and R-offset (to adjust the red color test), how would you change them? Does this even make sense?

Actually would this be a good way of working out which of the various alternative settings are actually best for your set?

Second, what are the best grey patterns for setting up your brightness and contrast? To be honest I couldn't see that much difference in any of the white tests when blasting contrast (although setting brightness using the 10IRE patterns was effective) which leaves me a little puzzled as to which of the patterns are best for setting contrast.

I imagine others may be in the same boat - we've tested out your sm tweaks but when it comes to actually setting stuff up in the um a few pointers would be helpful. So if people have a few "favorites" bits of Avia (or VE) they use a lot for DLPs I'd love to hear what they are and what you adjust!

Thanks

Jonathan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.