AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that when I do the speaker test, like the pink noise, when it pan from any of the front speakers to the sub I hear nothing. Then when it pans to the two rear speakers the sub kicks in nicely. I hear the sub-woofer fine in moveis and music. It's a KLH sub connected via the standard rca cable from the sub out on the Sony DD/DTS receiver.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Avia DVD screwed up?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Are your main loudspeakers and front surrounds set to Large or Small? Also, at what frequency (Hz) is LFE crossed over at? A lot of integrated receivers have a single RCA-style physical LFE preout connector on the back panel, while some subwoofers have two RCA connectors. Unless you are using a Y-cable, then make sure its connected to the L[eft] RCA connector on the subwoofer or subwoofer's crossover box.

·
Registered
122 Posts
With Avia, you have to set your speakers to small. I run my front speakers full (or large), with no crossover, but you cannot do this for the Avia test. Once the test is done, switch your speakers back to full.

Bob

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll try seting them to "small", maybe they should be small since thery kind of are. I think the biggest two are 8" 100W speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.