AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading in other threads about DVD Decrypter and it's ability to make and burn iso's, I thought I'd try it. 2 discs that I own that get the most use are Avia and Video Essentials. If I could use the backups and protect the originals from further abuse it would be great.

Video essentials copied without a hitch. Avia on the other hand would not. When I try and play in Sonic I get a "volume is invalid message". This happened on two attempts. If I mount the ISO with Daemon tools it works flawlessly.

Any ideas on what could be the problem? I realize Avia has a pretty complicated menu system and think this could be part of the problem.

Thanks

Gregg

·
Registered
27,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DoctorG
If I could use the backups and protect the originals from further abuse it would be great.
What "abuse" are you subjecting them to? Perhaps that is your problem and you should stop doing that. Then you wouldn't have to worry about [wink wink] "backups" [nudge nudge].

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
Then you wouldn't have to worry about [wink wink] "backups" [nudge nudge].
Josh Z,

I don't appreciate what you are [wink wink] "implying" [nudge nudge].

Outside of compilations (Band of Brothers, Star Trek Seasons, etc.) these 2 discs were the most expensive in my collection. As someone who enjoys the HTPC hobby and constantly tweaks after installation of new software or drivers, these discs get handled quite a bit. Being able to use backups would would protect the originals from scratches or accidental damage.

Would appreciate any constructive replies.

Thanks,

Gregg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.