AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this forum, I have learned a little about the new technology with tv, home theater, etc. Reading this forum and a good bit of internet research led me to buying:

Samsung HL R5067W, Samsung TR46X3 stand and Onkyo HT 780 (HTIB). I also plan on replacing my dvd with an Onkyo DV-CP702. Maybe not a great system, but one that fits my budget at this time.

I will be using Brighthouse digital cable with their DVR.

Do I need to buy the Digital Video Essentials (2003) CD, or the AVIA Guide to HT? There is a $10 diff in price (DVE is cheaper)-- which one, if any should I buy?

Also, I am planning on buying a Harmony SST remote. Based on the above system, should I get the 659, 677, 688, 768?

Thanks to all of you in advance.

wjm

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmtampa
Do I need to buy the Digital Video Essentials (2003) CD, or the AVIA Guide to HT? There is a $10 diff in price (DVE is cheaper)-- which one, if any should I buy?
> The Avia disc is reported easier to navigate. Otherwise, there are a few features that one has and the other doesn't. There are a few threads on this if you use the search feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmtampa
Also, I am planning on buying a Harmony SST remote. Based on the above system, should I get the 659, 677, 688, 768?
> www.remotecentral.com has good reviews on the Harmony series. Functionality wise, they all work the same with a few minor differences. The biggest difference is where the buttons are located.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.