AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. im not sure if this info has been posted before, but if it has ..maybe some people didnt see it so here you go. in a email response i got from ovation software:

>>Thank you for contacting Ovation Software. The AVIA Guide to Home Theater that is currently on the market is a tutorial that teaches you how to

calibrate you home theater system. It was designed to be informative to

advance home theater owners and professionals who install systems. AVIA Pro will be designed specifically for the professionals and avid home theater enthusiasts. This product will consist of multiple DVDs and CDs displaying over 1500 test patterns and sound tones. There will not be a special incentive/rebate to purchase or exchange products for current AVIA owners because of the difference in the product.

If you are looking for an updated version of the AVIA disc that was produced in 1999, we do plan to introduce AVIA Two either this winter or early next spring. This product will be in the same friendly tutorial format, and will encompass the changes in technology that have emerged since the release of AVIA. We plan to put into place a rebate or exchange program for this disc.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact me directly

if I can be of further service.

Regards,

Carol Gray

Ovation Software

100 Front Street

Suite 400

Marietta, OH 45750

740-373-6212 (T)

740-373-6331 (F)

·
Registered
733 Posts
"this winter or early next spring."

When did you receive this email? In other words, does that mean sometime soon, or almost a year from now?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Unfortunately for me, I have Video Essentials. The only update I see coming for it is HD versions.

I hope that whatever updates are done to these test disks, they take into account digital projectors as well as CRTs. I find that Video Essentials uses patterns which don't address the weaknesses of digital projection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.