AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around the forum to do a formal survey, but I guess I'll just have to settle for a new thread.

So which one and why?

I see AVIA has a new one coming out for $20, will it be just as good as the one currently available?

If all I need is a few test patterns, why not get the cheapest one?

·
Registered
155 Posts
wasco,

I was in the same position as you. I settled on the ovation (AVIA makers) authored "Sound and Vision:home theater tune-up" disc. It's designed for basic video setup. The audio test are quite good. Besides the basic sharpness, color, tint and constrast, there are some other patterns in the advanced section. (they're not explained in the main feature; you'll have to access them via the menu) There are a few hatch patterns, grey scale, focus and some others. Definately not as many as AVIA, but enough to get a nice setup.

In retrospec I'd go for the AVIA. Only because there are more advanced patterns, and I'm a guy, so the bigger the better. The S&V HTT is still a good disc. I paid $25 canadian (~$15US).

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I like Avia - more than enough tests, patterns and setup stuffs for me. More than happy to have spend $45 on it.

- Rick

·
Registered
502 Posts
I also like Avia being that it is quite user friendly and Guy Kuo (Ovation Software) frequents these forums and is a wealth of information on CRT setup. The least I can do is support his business in thanks for all the help.

Alun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.