AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is OT, I didn't really see another forum that looked better for this.

So, I just ordered Avia from Amazon, although it said it was the 1999 edition, is this the latest? Also, it seems like most people here prefer Avia, which is why I went with it, but are there any reasons that VE would be better? Will both allow you to tweak via interlaced or progressive DVD players?

Thanks!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Don't know if this is the latest, but it is the only one that I'm aware of (and have).

I have both. In my opinion, AVIA is far more useful. Note that I've said "more useful" rather than "better". By this, I mean to say that, when I want to tweak my display (I have a direct view and a projector), I put in AVIA. It has more readily accessibly test patterns and seems more thorough to me (but I think this is perception, based on the ease of accessability).

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Both are good, but I agree with Jason that I found Avia more "useful" for my needs. Also you may want to search the web, because I believe someone (maybe Ovation) published the chapter and track numbers for Avia's test patterns, which makes navigation on it easier.

However, you should be aware that both are coming out with new releases, Digital Video Essentials and Avia Pro, although I don't think either has reached market yet.

Palladin

No matter where you go, there you are

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.