Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got AVIA.

I also own and know how to use DVE.

So which are the most useful AVIA patterns to complement DVE (only video).

I use Oppo with 4805 PJ.

Thanks !

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
you might get better results posting this over in the dvd software discussion. I only use AVIA and it's enough for me, until of course HD DVD comes around. I use the blue filter to calibrate for color and hue, and usually just turn down the sharpness all the way down (dig pj's don't need it) And for brightness and contrast I use the needle pulses.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
If you ever decide to get SMART III, you can then go to the individual IRE window patterns in AVIA with a light meter, but most people don't have the patients (sp) for that:) I'm sure your 4805 just needs a minor adjusting and perhaps a filter, and when using a filter SMART could be useful to get to D6500K, or close to it.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
I really like the animated color bars on Avia, as well as the full and half-black plus moving bars for setting black level. The movement of the bars helps sight them precisely when they disappear or not. This in combination with the ramps in DVE help set things to my satisfaction while also using the DVE ramps to test for clipping of highlight details in peak whites, and for clipping of BTB data in your system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.