AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, AVS gang..

I have an SMX 110'' 16:9 about ready to be assembled, and want to make sure I'm putting it together right to avoid moire both now and if I upgrade the PJ later on..

If I rotate the material (20-25 degrees?), and it looks right for the current PJ (Sony VPL-VW10HT), am I pretty much "safe" if I upgrade to another PJ (say, 40 or 60) later on?

Or, is the potential for moire different, with 2 different PJs?

I'm a bit worried about building the screen, having it look fabulous with THIS PJ, then upgrading and having moire issues..cuz, once my screen fabric is cut and in the frame, it pretty much 'is what it is'..

Thanks!

- B

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB_63 /forum/post/14184716

Hey, AVS gang..

I have an SMX 110'' 16:9 about ready to be assembled, and want to make sure I'm putting it together right to avoid moire both now and if I upgrade the PJ later on..

If I rotate the material (20-25 degrees?), and it looks right for the current PJ (Sony VPL-VW10HT), am I pretty much "safe" if I upgrade to another PJ (say, 40 or 60) later on?

Or, is the potential for moire different, with 2 different PJs?

I'm a bit worried about building the screen, having it look fabulous with THIS PJ, then upgrading and having moire issues..cuz, once my screen fabric is cut and in the frame, it pretty much 'is what it is'..

Thanks!

- B

Hi B,

Just rotate the CineWeave as much as you can and that will do the trick for all future upgrades.

Best,

Ruben

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Ruben knows best.
Seriously though, I have installed several of these and I use one myself personally. I have found that 99% of the time if you rotate it as Ruben said when first installed, you should not have an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts