AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on a new receiver to replace my AVR-2802. At the moment, I am trying to decide between the AVR-1713 and the AVR-2112CI, but am having a hard time deciding between the two.

My theater is currently set up for 5.1 and because 3 of the 4 walls are exterior walls with fireblocking and insulation, I don't really see myself going to 7.1...so the 1713 would be sufficient for my needs in that respect. I picked both of these receivers because I heard Audyssey MultEQ XT is just plain awesome, plus I have had great luck with Denon. Has anyone had experience with either of these receivers? I've seen a bunch of reviews matching up the 2112CI against different receivers, but I haven't seen much pairing the 1713 with older receivers. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just referring the the fact that I wouldn't want to run additional speakers because of the huge hassle it would present. On paper, it seems like both offer comparable sound quality, so the 2112 just offers 7.1 capability and the option to run a second zone, correct?

·
Premium Member
90,357 Posts
Expanding from 5.1 to 7.1 not only means the capability to add rear surrounds but also adding "Front Height" speakers or "Front B" speakers (music listening only) or powered Zone 2 speakers. Both would provide the same audio quality, with the 2112CI adding a 3rd year of warranty and at the current clearance price is likely not much more expensive than the 1713.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, thanks for that information. I guess I didn't really understand the options the 2112 offered over the 1713. The additional year of warranty alone is worth the ~$60 difference I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts