AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if the problem is with the receiver but I figured I'd ask here. I've been using my Dell 2405 Monitor as a TV for a few weeks with the HK AVR247 running component video, and I recently bought an HDMI cable with a DVI adaptor but having some troubles with the video. Not only is the picture washed out compared to the component, the screen is constantly flashing.

Anyone heard of this problem before? Do I have a defective unit, or is it most likely a problem with the Monitor?

PS Using the DVI with my computer works fine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
one of the only reasons this thing isn't the best bang for the buck as a ps3 receiver is that it washes out the image... I have tried a lot of config's and nothing looks as good as bypassing the unit. It does NOT, however, alter 1080i and up source material... so if you can input at higher than 720, you're gold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running 720P through component looks really good. The picture is sharp and vibrant. The problem is through HDMI, there is definitely a problem somewhere.

·
Registered
290 Posts
is this a good avr for me if I want 5.1 surround and have a 1080i samsung plasma? i'm using an old jvc receiver right now and my picture is unbelievable, it was calibrated by a guy from best buy.

can somebody explain why i would need an avr for upscaling?

i can get a 247 cheap from a guy on craigslist right now and i'm trying to figure out if it will work well for me. thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Good day. i hope you guys can assist me on my issue. i have an avr247 receiver connected to an LG smart tv via optical cable. i use the tv as the mp3 player and the avr247 as my sound output. i like using "logic 7 music" as my default surround when playing mp3s. my problem is, everytime the next track plays, it goes back to "surround off - stereo". i dont prefer this mode. i prefer "logic 7 music". auto polling is set to "off" already. default surround mode is already set to "off". my firmware is 2.4.22.1. date is 02-02-2008 02. thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts