AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I had no signal going to my TV, and no functions with the AVR menu. I took it to the local HK authorized repair dealer. They said I had two pico fuses blown, $50 cool. Hooked it up and it happened within 30 minutes. they replaced the fuses and said it was an input device inputting too high voltage. I have a cable box and a DVD player. All connections are HDMI. How do I solve this w/o blowing them again? I've read that it could really be the HDMI board failing, true? I have read a work around using comp cables but heck, going backwards in tech.

I'll try to set up my 7.1 with only using the TV as the monitor w/o any inputs first.

Please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about asking the cable folks for a new box and also upgrading by DVD player too, just to eliminate those possible sources of high input voltage which the repair place said was the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did setup my 7.1 speakers using my TV as the monitor for the onscreen menu, through its HDMI connection and played music through an analog input and Pandora on my iPhone, but I'm afraid to connect any HDMI inputs (cable box or DVD player) for fear of blowing the two fuses again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts