AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new AVR-254 that says made in May 2009 so it should have recent firmware on it.

Hooked everything up (blu ray player to hdmi1 and optical 1, vudu player to hdmi2 and optical 2, hdmi out to my projector).

Go to the setup menu hook up the mic and it goes through and optimizes everything. This tells me video out is working, the speakers are all hooked up right etc.

Turn the receiver to dvd (hdmi1/opt1) turn the blu-ray player on and 30s later the receiver shows 'dolby digital' showing its getting a signal and all the speaker icons on the front start flashing, while this is happening you can't do anything. About 10s later the lights stop flashing and you can change volume or go into a menu for about 4s then they start flashing and it is locked up again.

So i then switched to 'cable' (hdmi2/opt2) same exact problem !! Uh oh. So i then hook up the blu-ray player to coax1, go into the menu make the changes, and sure enough same problem !

What is going on ? Has anyone else ever seen this ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why do you have the optical hooked up in conjunction with the hdmi? You don't do this (hook up two digital audio signals (hdmi and optical) for the same source). I'm not sure what a vudu player is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.