Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my speakers,

Center Mythos Ten

Two Front Mythos One

Rear Mythos GEM XL

A5 - 350 Subwoofer

I am just a little concerned with the age of the unit "they came out 2 years ago" and wonder if there is something better in the same price range?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Regardless of having been around since June of 07' the Denon AVR-4308CI is full of 'up-to-date' technology. It's wi-fi and network capable with an ethernet port. It's Vista certified. It's HD and XM radio ready. It has the most advanced Audyssey suite in MultEQ XT and it supports decoding for all the newest codecs. That's already impressive but it's not even tapping into the powerful amp section this receiver has. It has great DAC's, video output for zone 2, HDMI 1.3a compatible with 4 inputs and 2 outputs. This thing has a TON of connectivity.

Sure it's 2 years old but it's still lightyears ahead of 90% of all the other receivers made today. I don't see any setback because of it's age....this was and still is a high-end reciever in every way.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxs158 /forum/post/17019520

I already purchased this unit, but cannot help but wonder if I made the right decision over the 4310ci?

What you all think?

I think you made the right choice. The 4310 is a replacement for the 3808 at a much higher price not the 4308.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The only real upgrade that i can see on the 4310 is really the ABT videoscaler. The Audyssey DSX and Prologic IIz are a gimmick for me. And the last two has a rather small market methinks. But yeah, for those that want it it might be nice.

As for most of the other things, its nice that the pricepoint for most of the equilent function is there, but other things like non gilded contacts and no WLAN seems cheap considering its still a $2000 amp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So did I when I bought one of these 2 years ago. This is clearly the best equipment related decision I have ever made. I echo Danielson99's comments. This receiver is still better than 90+% of the new equipment that is now becoming available. Relax and enjoy everything the 4308 has to offer!

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryD /forum/post/17044098

6ave has the 4308 for $1329 right now with the AFL5 coupon. I'm thinking about it over the 4310 now.

Wise choice. Unless you really wanted DSX and the abililty to use either wide or height speakers. Go for the 4308. At that price its as good as it gets.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/17045294

Wise choice. Unless you really wanted DSX and the abililty to use either wide or height speakers. Go for the 4308. At that price its as good as it gets.

Thanks, I pulled the trigger and picked up the 4308. Should be quite a step up from my 3802.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmav /forum/post/17048529

Is that receiver on 6ave the same as the 4308A that is shown here: http://www.denon.co.uk/site/popup/in...idN[0]=412

I am interested in the 4310 becauase of the Audyssey XT, something that according to Dennon USA the 4308 does not have. See here: http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDeta...mageField.y=27

They're the same - and the 4308 does have Audyssey XT. Denon isn't always dilligent to check all the correct boxes on their website.

·
Registered
30,154 Posts
the "A" designates it as having the "feature pack" upgrade already installed. So a "4308A" is just a 4308 with Dynamic EQ/Volume installed out of the box (as opposed to having to pay $100 and download the upgrade).

·
Registered
579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes /forum/post/17056311

J&R will be selling it a bit cheaper than that -with free shipping from 8/27 to 8/30.

Mine already shipped from 6ave this morning, but I'll be interested in seeing what the price will be at J&R, although I don't currently see it on their site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts