Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was at my local "great indoors" here in houston and they had an AVR-5803 mismarked as an AVR-4802 listed at 2249. But, they're going out of business so everything was marked as 20% off. That means you can get an open box 5803 for about $1950 after tax. Sweet. If anyone is interested it's at the 249/1960 store. Also, if any of you out of staters want it, pm me and we can work something out.

Russ

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
It would be REAL HARD, to get any warranty work done on a 5803, that's gonna have a receipt that is showing it being sold as a 4802. In other words, it probably would have no warranty on it, no matter if it's a authorized dealer selling it or not.

JUST, something to consider.

And yes, for that price, there are many people who would not care about the warranty either.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True,

I hadn't thought about that. I'm sure that something could be done though. And for the price, you could buy an extended aftermarket warranty that those stores offer through outside companies. I'd gladly pay an extra $200 for a 5 year warranty.

Russ

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnla
It would be REAL HARD, to get any warranty work done on a 5803, that's gonna have a receipt that is showing it being sold as a 4802. In other words, it probably would have no warranty on it, no matter if it's a authorized dealer selling it or not.

JUST, something to consider.

And yes, for that price, there are many people who would not care about the warranty either.
Why. If it is an authorized dealer, then denon should support it's product. Why do they care what price it was sold for.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The problem is you won't have a receipt showing you ever bought a 5803 - the receipt shows a 4802. The price is irrelevant.

An extended third party warrantee would also be useless because, again, your receipt wouldn't show you ever purchased a 5803.

But for that price, you could certainly afford an out-of-pocket repair or two.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I disagree. The receipt should show the serial number which, along with the date, are the two most important pieces of information on the receipt. If the model number happens to be wrong, so what?

Any employees of electronics shops care to comment?

Bill

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the receipt shows the serial number, than who cares how an "open box" item was incorrectly labeled. I had no idea that the serial number would be on the receipt. If that's the case, there should be no problem IF warranty work was ever needed.

Russ

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Not all receipts show serial numbers on items bought. And if the stores closing down, I don't think they are going to be worried about putting them there either. Plus if you "push" to much for something like that from the store, they just might wake up, check it again, and then realize that they mis-priced the item also.

Then say, bye bye to the super low price.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
OK, here's my thoughts and comments.

1) The "marked" price on the shelf indicates one price which is labeled for the 4802/4802R Denon receiver and there is 20% off.

2) However, when you go to the checkout with the AVR-5803, they will scan the UPC codes on the box which will determine the amount that you pay and the information that gets placed on the receipt.

3) When the box gets scanned, their system will recognize that it's a 5803.

4) To get the price of $1,800, someone will have to manually over-ride the sale to reflect that lesser amount. There's no way you receipt will reflect that a 4802 was purchased when they'll be scanning the information for the 5803 - assuming the box is still present.

Seems lika a great deal to me, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.