AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first LCD HDTV, looking to hook it all up.

Coax into Cablebox/DVR, HDMI from DVR into AVR, HDMI from AVR into HDTV.

Wii and PS3 are hooked to AVR with Component (red-white-yellow) connections.

I get no video from Wii or PS3 but I do get sound.

Do I need to run a separate component video from AVR to HDTV?

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
Those are not component connections for the PS3 and Wii. Don't know about the Wii, but the PS3 does not come with a component hookup. It comes with an HDMI cable and a composite/L/R audio cable.

Most likely what you have hooked to the component inputs on your AVR is the yellow composite signal, then the left and right audio signals (red and white.) In short, you need to look for the yellow composite in jacks on your AVR to hook the games players to, or else buy a separate component output cable (or use the HDMI cable as that is the way you will get best quality.)

-Suntan

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats65 /forum/post/18136942

...PS3 are hooked to AVR with Component (red-white-yellow) connections...

GASP!

How many HDMI inputs does your AVR have? Better yet, what is the model, so we can just look it up ourselves? Or how about do the work for us and post a link to the AVR we are discussing?

You are probably not getting video because your AVR can't upconvert the yellow video cable to HDMI. That's my stab in the dark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.