1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Room size 12X15.

I am planning to purchase,

Dayton SUB & Polk RTi A1. To start with 2.1 set up. And i have plan to expand it to 7.1. I need your valuable feed suggestion to choose the AVR. I am not planning to upgrade my AVR for next 5 years at least. Now I can spend around $500. After lot of reviews I shortlisted Yamaha or Denon (No Onkyo & Pioneer)

I am looking for features

1. Networking

2. Video up scaling - Is it required ??

3. Love wifi feature to get rid of wires all around.

Please suggest me which is the best one for my requirement and budget.

I have noticed Yamaha RxV-673 & 773 suites my requirement. and also Denon AVR2112Ci. I am not sure whats the difference and which is good.

Thanks

Chica

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wifi is not going to get rid of wires to the speakers ! What kind of speakers are you getting ? You need to get the right reciever for the speakers you get !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you are right. However it can reduce one Ethernet cable. I am not sure its the good option or not.

Please suggest what you think.

I tried getting answer from receiver forum, no luck.

I am getting these speakers.

Dayton SUB & Polk RTi A1. To start with 2.1 set up

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wireless is good but, if you can get away with it, the ethernet cable is best.

Whenever you need to update the firmware on your AVR, a wireless dropout could really hurt you.

I can't count the number of times that my TV has stopped steaming because of wireless dropouts.

Question: Why not Onkyo?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Joshua for your comments on Wireless.

As of now nothing is fixed. So rather making it more complex by adding features and brands. I decided to cut short as much as possible, when I read lot of reviews, I understand Onkyo has reliability problems. I will be going back to India in next 6 months. So I really do not want to take any chance on my receiver. If anything happens, no one can repair. I know Yamaha have there service shops and even Denon has some authorized shops in India. So I decided to stick with these 2 brands.

I am not worried much about features like wireless or video up scaling etc. I need a decent quality sound.

So need your help in finalizing my receiver.

Regards

Chica

·
Registered
28,724 Posts
people have been getting the Denon 2312 for just under $500. Have you looked at that one too?

Can you really get the Yamaha 773 under $500?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts