AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a Samsung PN60E8000 TV paired with a Yamaha RX-V473 receiver.  The way I have it all connected is all my source devices are all fed to the receiver and I have a Monoprice Redmere HDMI cable connected to the (HDMI OUT) port on my receiver that connects to (HDMI-2) on my Samsung Plasma.  I chose HDMI-2 because it is the only ARC HDMI port on my TV.  The speakers on the TV are turned off and I have a 5.1 surround sound setup connected to my AVR.  All my source devices work without fail except my Charter cable.  Even my Samsung TV apps that use the ARC channel like Netflix and Amazon instant work great.  Sometimes when I first turn the TV and AVR on I will get no signal on my Charter source.  If I turn the TV off and leave the AVR on I can here Charter sound but as soon as I turn the TV on again I lose sound and the TV says no source.  The problem with the Charter source in intermittent.  It goes for weeks without a problem and then one day I turn it on and the problem occurs.  All my other source devices work even when the charter problem is occurring.  Sometimes if I turn everything off and back on again the problem resolves.  I read that the order in which devices are turned on with respect to the AVR can cause this problem and sometimes when I switch the order around it works.  I have even reset the AVR settings to factory and the first time I did that several months ago it resolved the problem but I just did it today and no such luck.  I also tried turning off ARC and switched HDMI inputs on the TV neither worked. I just cant solve it.  Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My issue is still occuring but more often now. I now have a consistent solution. If I turn the cable box on last it seems to work every time. Is this common or am I missing something?

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
You can try to use the RGB cables from the cable box to the AVR and then for audio use either Toslink or coax. See if that cures the problem. I understand most of us want the single cable connection(HDMI) but most of these problems are due to cable boxes more than the AVR's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts