AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this scenario possible? I want to use the speaker terminals on my main AVR and the pre-outs on the main AVR simultaneously.

Currently my main AVR is a Yamaha A830.

I have a second AVR, Yamaha RX v575 that I would like to use to power a set of outdoor speakers while playing the same source (TV, USB DAC, etc). Basically, I want whatever source I've chosen on the main AVR to be passed through to the second AVR and use the second AVR's speaker terminals at the same time.

I'm only trying to pass through 2 channel stereo, not full surround.

I currently have the second AVR hooked up to the "front" preouts on the back of the main AVR, but I'm not getting any sound from the outdoor speakers. Everything on the main continues to work properly.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing it that way. Though the pre-outs probably will work concurrent to the receiver's amplifiers, they are still governed by the volume on the receiver. You may have to turn the secondary AVR's volume way up if the main receiver is lower in order to hear anything, and then you'll have noise floor problems and are ticking time-bomb for hurting something if you turn up the primary receiver too loud.

Besides...looking at the A830, it looks to have a second zone, which says it's powered. So, why don't you use that? That's what it's made for!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts