AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cambridge 650R right now which i LOV !

But i`am having a few issues with it.

I was looking at trying something different ?

My suggestions are...

Rotel RSX 1560

or

Marantz MM8003 / AV8003

any thoughts ?

I did have a SR8002 before the 650R

Which i did like very much, but found the the 650R sounded better

My original AVR was a Rotel RSX 1057

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp34 /forum/post/20811608

I have a Cambridge 650R right now which i LOV !

But i`am having a few issues with it.

I was looking at trying something different ?

My suggestions are...

Rotel RSX 1560

or

Marantz MM8003 / AV8003

any thoughts ?

I did have a SR8002 before the 650R

Which i did like very much, but found the the 650R sounded better

My original AVR was a Rotel RSX 1057

Hello,

I would go ahead and get the newer AV7005 as it is HDMI 1.4, cheaper, offers pretty much all of the Features of the 8003 and some new ones at about half the MSRP.

Problem, at least in the States, is that they are about impossible to find. This being compounded by the Tsunami. However, I am not sure what the availability of the 7005 in Canada.

As for an Amplifier, I would not be concerned about matching the SSP to the Amplifier. Something like the Emotiva XPA-5 would do just fine. A used Parasound Halo A51 would be even better and if not afraid of used an HCA-2205AT (very similar to the A51 but available for b/w 1000-1200 Dollars used) from Canuck Auto Mart or Audiogon.

Cheers,

AD

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I bought the Integra DHC 80.2.

The AV7005 is on short supply EVERYWHERE....good luck finding one. I was going to audition the Anthem, but I auditioned the MRX500 instead(various reviews state nobody buys the AVM 50 over the DHC 80.2...unless they wanted the AVM 50 beforehand)

If you can find an AV8003(and can deal with how long in the tooth it is), buy it. I do not suggest buying it online as you need to use it to see if you'll like it. Considering you had the SR8002...you might already know the clunkiness of it...but only you know if "the sound" was the only reason you got rid of it.

But between Integra, Marantz, Rotel, NAD and Anthem, there is not a bad pre-pro to be had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.