AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, after reading so many threads here it's given me the bug to finally upgrade my trusty Denon 3802 receiver. After enjoying it for so many trouble free years I'm going to finally give in to the newer technology. It still sounds awesome all calibrated and with an SPL meter rocks my house but it looks like better technology will sound even better. I have narrowed it down to either the x4000 or 4520CI and was looking at the x3000 but with no pre outs would render my Adcom amp useless. I have done quite a few searches to compare them but all seem to be at least 1 or 2 years old and was wondering based what your opinions would be as of today. My current 6.1 set up (see signature) will remain the same and I won't be adding any additional speakers. right now I have the HDMI cables going to Samsung 60" Smart LED TV with Optical going to the 3802. I have no network cables in or near the home theater so was hoping wi-fi capable would be an option (Spotify/Pandora) but if not, so be it, bluetooth would be a huge plus though.
Prices now for the 4520CI and X4000 run almost the same so I keep going back and forth between them, definitely like the power of the 4520 and options but the newer X4000 is no slouch either.
Since all I know id what I have read so far on the two units, any recommendations from anyone with hands on and more knowledgeable than me. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Look into an Anthem MRX-510 or 310. Look up the reviews and you will see that they're in a league of their own. I went from high end Denon and Yamaha units and the improvement blew my mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look into an Anthem MRX-510 or 310. Look up the reviews and you will see that they're in a league of their own. I went from high end Denon and Yamaha units and the improvement blew my mind.

Thanks, just checked it out and it sure looks nice but $1600 for the 510. I can get the 4520CI for less than $800 and the X4000 for $670 though.

·
Registered
19,307 Posts
Hi Guys, after reading so many threads here it's given me the bug to finally upgrade my trusty Denon 3802 receiver. After enjoying it for so many trouble free years I'm going to finally give in to the newer technology. It still sounds awesome all calibrated and with an SPL meter rocks my house but it looks like better technology will sound even better. I have narrowed it down to either the x4000 or 4520CI and was looking at the x3000 but with no pre outs would render my Adcom amp useless. I have done quite a few searches to compare them but all seem to be at least 1 or 2 years old and was wondering based what your opinions would be as of today. My current 6.1 set up (see signature) will remain the same and I won't be adding any additional speakers. right now I have the HDMI cables going to Samsung 60" Smart LED TV with Optical going to the 3802. I have no network cables in or near the home theater so was hoping wi-fi capable would be an option (Spotify/Pandora) but if not, so be it, bluetooth would be a huge plus though.
Prices now for the 4520CI and X4000 run almost the same so I keep going back and forth between them, definitely like the power of the 4520 and options but the newer X4000 is no slouch either.
Since all I know id what I have read so far on the two units, any recommendations from anyone with hands on and more knowledgeable than me. Thanks for any input.

I have a Denon 4520. It's a great receiver, but it doesn't have blue tooth or wi fi. Of course my Oppo BDP 103 does stream wirelessly, so I don't need that in the receiver. You might consider a Denon X4100 instead.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I love my 4100, Spotify, Pandora, as well as Sirius/XM are Great additions to my setup! And playing music from my P.C. as well, its endless...

Reactions: Craig Peer

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a Denon 4520. It's a great receiver, but it doesn't have blue tooth or wi fi. Of course my Oppo BDP 103 does stream wirelessly, so I don't need that in the receiver. You might consider a Denon X4100 instead.
But the 4520 has ethernet, a better option than wireless anyway!;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone tried using one of the wireless ethernet adapters that connects with a wifi router?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts