AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for an AVR that provides discrete source / matrix switching for HDMI zone 2 and has a built in DAC that will convert the digital audio from the source to analog for zone 2, but will continue to output digital surround sound in the main room. In addition, both the main room (digital) audio and zone 2 (analog) audio needs to be in sync when playing the same source.

My current setup has the main room 5.1 audio going through the receiver and then I have the analog audio RCA jacks on my cablebox going through my whole house audio system. When I play TV from the main room receiver and also have the sound going to other rooms in the house through the whole house audio, I get an echo as the sound is not in sync.

I am thinking that by using a multi-room AVR w/ DAC for zone 2, it might keep the audio in sync to the main room?? If I purchase a new AVR to solve audio problem, then I would also like it to serve as a matrix HDMI video switch.

Thanks for any help.

Adrian

·
Premium Member
91,740 Posts
In the case of Denon and Marantz models (and likely all other brands as well to include the Yamaha A2030), although there is no down mixing of surround audio issue playing a separate source to the Zone 2 (HDMI), when the same source is playing and the Zone 2 (HDMI) is connected to an HDMI sync that can only accept Stereo 2.0 audio (eg. most TVs), the audio in the main zone will be down mixed to Stereo as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts