AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

For some time now I've been thinking of acquiring a surround sound system for my home. Been recently digging in these forums and I have to say they're amazing, and I've learnt a lot about the possibilities I have to accomplish this. First I thought about getting a HTiB, but then I jumped to the idea of a more custom solution, getting an AVR and speakers separately, since I was planning to invest some money on this. Having this in mind, I have one question I haven't been able to answer myself regarding the rear speakers. I have to say I don't like wires, and for the rear speakers is too much of a hassle to have them running through the middle of the room, so I'd like them to be wireless. I know there are addons/converters you connect to the AVR and the speakers to make them wireless, but I was wondering if there was an AVR with a buil-in wireless solution for this, as well as speakers, so I wouldn't have to use these kind of converters.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You're pretty much stuck with the add-on converters. I've researched this quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that it's not quite ready for prime time. There's hope with the new WISA wireless standard (witness Aperions $3k 5.1 wireless system). WISA has a lot of big name mfg's on board, and they say that more products should roll out by years end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts