Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Yamaha RX-V675

Votes: 12 54.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Polk RTI a5's for front, Polk CSI-6 for centre, Polk FXI a4's for surrounds and Klipsch SW-112 sub.

As the title says, I'm trying to decide between these two receivers.

I am able to pricematch the x2000 at 499. (reg 699)

The Yammy is 449.

I'll be mostly watching movies/Netflix, with some network streaming of FLAC files.

I've been researching both receivers, but keep flip flopping between them.

It seems like the Denon has more dedicated/powerful amps? But the Yamaha might be regarded as being a more reliable AVR?

I'm upgrading from a pioneer VSX 820, which I found difficult to get the sub to tune well with.

I like the idea that with the Denon I could individually set the x-overs. (set my fronts to 60, but leave everything else at 80).

I guess, ultimately, for me it comes down to sound quality, plain and simple. I realize it's like comparing ford vs chevy, and it always comes down to user preference, but I'm not really in much of a position to audition them. I like using different sound modes, as I'm not what you might call a "purist". I understand that the yamahas have good DSP sound fields. Do Denons have similar options? On screen GUI looks nicer on the Denon.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated from you pros!

Dust

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I would go with the Denon, but both are excellent receivers.

·
The Village Idiot
9,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52  /t/1521784/avr-x2000-vs-yamaha-rx-v675-poll/0_50#post_24461541

Let's throw a curve in the poll. How about the one below which is better than either in the poll. And the Yammie gets my vote.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HTR-7065-channel-receiver/dp/B00AZE78KQ

+1

I bought one last August and ended up selling it to a nephew a few months later. Its going strong and sounds great. It has preamp outs if you need more power too. I ended up with another Yamaha - I think I'll keep this one for a while.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1521784/avr-x2000-vs-yamaha-rx-v675-poll#post_24460848

The X2000 can EQ the sub whereas the V675 cannot. Nod goes to the Denon.

What does that mean btw? I'll be using Monitor Audio Vector speakers and I need to choose between the Yamaha 675 and Denon 2000, I can't make a decision. I'll be using it for 70% movies and 30% music.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1521784/avr-x2000-vs-yamaha-rx-v675-poll#post_24703534

^^

If you're not using a a dedicated subwoofer, it doesn't apply, so either would be a good choice, although the X2000 comes with a 3 year warranty while the 675 only 2 years.

I think I'll just go with the Yamaha, most retailers tell me they have more natural sound and I don't plan on changing this AVR for the next 3-4 years. Also, these retailers in London all use Yamaha's in there demo rooms.

Any idea which is easier to setup as I'm new to these setups, the Denon or Yamaha?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I read somewhere else that the Denon is good out of the box, and the Yamaha would take some tweaking to get it to the level of the Denon, that true?

As I'm new and stuff, I wonder if the Denon would be easier to setup? Kinda perplexed in this decision hmm.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Is there really that much to tweak with AV receivers to get good sound? I just thought the microphone device did most of it for you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Polk RTI a5's for front, Polk CSI-6 for centre, Polk FXI a4's for surrounds and Klipsch SW-112 sub.

As the title says, I'm trying to decide between these two receivers.

I am able to pricematch the x2000 at 499. (reg 699)
The Yammy is 449.

I'll be mostly watching movies/Netflix, with some network streaming of FLAC files.

I've been researching both receivers, but keep flip flopping between them.

It seems like the Denon has more dedicated/powerful amps? But the Yamaha might be regarded as being a more reliable AVR?
I'm upgrading from a pioneer VSX 820, which I found difficult to get the sub to tune well with.

I like the idea that with the Denon I could individually set the x-overs. (set my fronts to 60, but leave everything else at 80).

I guess, ultimately, for me it comes down to sound quality, plain and simple. I realize it's like comparing ford vs chevy, and it always comes down to user preference, but I'm not really in much of a position to audition them. I like using different sound modes, as I'm not what you might call a "purist". I understand that the yamahas have good DSP sound fields. Do Denons have similar options? On screen GUI looks nicer on the Denon.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated from you pros!

Dust

Hi Dust

Any feedback on your choice ??

Noel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts