AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Purchased AVR1700 11/12.  Using in home theater connected to EPSON 3020 projector and Sony Blue-Ray.  After watching a couple movies successfully the video would black out intermittently for a few seconds but still had sound.   Best Buy thought it was the projector and after exchanging still the same problem.   We have since bought a new Sony BR (1st one was new also) and still same problem.  There is a code that pops up on the receiver which I can't read quick enough (my husband sat by the receiver for over an hour watching a movie but of course no 'blackout' then)  So, it isn't every movie we watch and can't narrow down if something in the house is turning on...furnace, etc. that may be interfering.  Don't normally have satellite hooked up but recently moved Joey from another room to watch TV and when switching channels the picture would change but there was lag time in the audio.   After countless conversations with EPSON, Best Buy and Stereo West where we purchased our cable it is either a cable problem or the AVR1700.   After reading many reviews I'm beginning to believe it could be the receiver.   Best Buy tells me if they send it in and they can't find a problem we will be charged for having it looked at.   Yesterday we purchased a 35' Monster Cable Ultra Black Platinum (a suggestion by Best Buy) to rule out our cable.  I originally didn't purchase Monster Cable because we only need a 25' cable and Stereo West offered the right length.   Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts