AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for a good AV shop in Toronto and nearby cities. I still have not been able to see the DWIN Transvision or the NEC 150 at work. I saw the Dreamvision , could not live with the screendoor effect.

So what I'm wondering is, should I go down to Rochester and check out the AVS store? Do they have a few DLP projectors on display? Perhaps even a Panamorph??

How long a drive from TO? 2.5 hours or so?

------------------

Zed

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Hello Zed!

We do have a Dwin setup with an ISCO lens and a calibrated JVC G15 as well. We also have a Panamorph that we could demo with the G15. Please feel free to send me an email and we can setup a time for you to come down. The drive from Toronto is about 3.5 hours or so, depending on how fast you drive! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Jason

I was able to convince my wife to take a serious look , will be able to take a day off tomorrow. So hopefully we can make it there before noon.

My problem so far has been that I'm overly critical of the projectors that I saw. I have a 12/20 vision so the screendoor effect has been bothering me evry single time. Now the rainbow might be another problem, but I would consider teh DWIn if I don't see many of teh artifacts i usually see. So far I had a hard time convincing the wife as well (because of the costs involved) but I know if I am completely sold on one of the machines, I'll be able to convince her as well. Hopefully I'll see something that I like so I don't have to wait another years or so for the newer projectors that are bound to be released in the future.

Ar you going to be there tomorrow? Say between 11 am and 2 pm?

thanx

------------------

Zed

·
Registered
105 Posts
I live in Pickering, just slightly east of Toronto.

I picked up my G20 from AVS and it was a fun experience.

Just give them enough notice to have them set up whatever

demo you want.

It took me about 3hrs to get there. Seems that I drive

a little faster than most folks :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No kidding.

You need an appointment!! I went yesterday unannounced. Only Helen and the other lady were there. They were still good sports and showed me some stuff. I will write a full report later.

Cheers

------------------

Zed

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is AVS a good experience for Canadians????

Avs is a GREAT experience period!!

The level of expertise here is beyond belief.

If the level of service I recieved from the vendors I deal with on a daily basis came close to what the folks at AVS offer, shucks, I'd be in heaven!

Their motto should be: If we don't have it, you don't need it!!

Cheers, VB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.