AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's an interesting site for the bored: Quantcast statistics on AVS Forum.

It's fun to look thru the Traffic, Demographics and Geographic stats in right column to see how California rules, Mountain View CA and London UK are #1 and #2 cities, Council Bluffs IA is #6 (right below NYC... really!?), etc.!

·
Registered
13,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/20901872

Not surprising CA rules at all, when you condsider what industries are based in that state (mainly Silicon Valley and the entertainment industry).

That's one spin on it. Another could be that due to the 20+% unemployment in Ca, what else do they have to do then hang out on AVS.

P.S. last time I checked the hands-down major industry in Ca is still agriculture.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson /forum/post/20901989

That's one spin on it. Another could be that due to the 20+% unemployment in Ca, what else do they have to do then hang out on AVS.

Another factor *could* be the huge, Eastern Asian population there, especially in and around San Francisco and L.A., with their extremely high interest as a whole in both electronics and the internet.

All in all, those stats don't surprise me one bit, when you analyze things.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/20901872

Not surprising CA rules at all, when you condsider what industries are based in that state (mainly Silicon Valley and the entertainment industry).

JMO...but [RANT]for quite some time, our state legislators, governors, and elected federal office holders (with the seemingly inevitable support of those more interested in preserving things like butt-ugly, carrion eating vultures...oops, I meant the beautifully transendent California condor) than businesses. They seem to go out of their collective way to propose, support and enact laws and regulations that are antithetical to fostering businesses and jobs in CA. Under the circumstances, it's a wonder that there's any real industry left in the once-Golden State. Like I said, JMO[/RANT]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The stat I found interesting was the greatest percentage of viewers had an income of over $100K. For some reason, I thought the higher wage earners were too busy making money to be on a forum.

·
Registered
614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/20902234

Another factor *could* be the huge, Eastern Asian population there, especially in and around San Francisco and L.A., with their extremely high interest as a whole in both electronics and the internet.

All in all, those stats don't surprise me one bit, when you analyze things.

Love this comment!

·
Registered
384 Posts

The first demographic of that report says that 25% of AVS forum users are female. I don't read every single forum but, there's just no way that that number is even remotely close to correct.

If women make up a quarter of AVS, I'll eat my Philip Treacy fascinator.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I don't recall being asked most of those questions either, so where does that data come from? It is interesting, especially the cyclic nature of participation. Was that very sharp, brief downward spike around August 10th some server failure?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.