AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to put some faces with a couple of the names you see around here?

Here is a photo of the Thursday AVS Forum lunch at InfoComm:

http://www.dilard.com/dilard/images/htpix/avslunch.jpg

Forum names are next to each picture. To the great folks I met on the other days, I apologize for not taking pictures!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Milori,

You ruined my impressions of Mr. Wiggles of WWF fame, and now I realize thumper isn't a rabbit looking guy always pounding his left foot on the ground (a la Thumper in Bambi).

At least you and Don look like the bad ass HT mofos I always had in my head.

Ricardo

·
Registered
22,371 Posts
Kam really gets around. He was at the AVS CES 2001 Dinner Party, too!!!!!! I REMEMBER talking with him.

------------------

Steve Bruzonsky

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Too bad I didn't make it until Friday.

Still got to meet a good cross-section of AVS members.

I even got to meet Don Stewart's wife.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 06-17-2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great rubbing elbows with senior AVS forum members. Milori is just as enthusiastic in person as he is in his posts. And what can I say about KFung, Thumper, Mr.Wiggles - very Projector and HT savvy, and all around super guys. 'TBA' Vincent, quite articulate - 'smart as whip' was a pleasure to meet.

Last but certainly not least, Mr.Don Stewart, a consummate business leader - a person not content to pursue 'the cutting edge' but wheeled the knife. Mr. Stewart spent a good deal of time with the AVS Forum members and we are extremely grateful.

Thanks again to all!

Hammerman

Long Live AVS

[This message has been edited by Hammerman (edited 06-17-2001).]

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi KFung,

Actually, I knew Vincent's name, but he doesn't have an AVS Forum handle (yet).

At lunch, we decided to use AVS forum handles in the captions, so Vincent didn't have one...his handle is "TBA...".

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ah, good point Mark, I'd forgotten. What a faux pas, I hope he doesn't mind. Wow your memory is certainly better than mine, I'm lucky I remember the as many forum members as I do.

Steve,

This is actually the first year I've been able to make it to these exhibitions! I'm just trying to make up for lost time. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think Mr. Wiggles name comes from a character originated by the 70s/80s/90s funk band(s) Parliament/Funkadelic. I believe the picture is derived from one of the cartoons that the real Mr. Clinton (George) used to include with the albums.

The bigger the headache,

The bigger the pill...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Yes, but why three g's? Turn them upside down and you will know...

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffY:

Is that a Grayhawk jacket Don is wearing? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Actually, its my Moire Jacket. I can see that tale-tale pattern on my right shoulder. Damn...I hate wearing a tie.

Thanks to all that stopped by the booth. Its always a pleasure to meet the good people from the Forum. I had a great time.

Kelliot...we missed you at lunch.

Regards,

Don

[This message has been edited by Don Stewart (edited 06-18-2001).]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.