AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like everyone on AVS that has gotten the invite for the Beta testing of Halo 3 to post their Xbox Live ID. I really do no want to play with any crazy, annoying individuals. I do not know how Bungie will do it but I would like to play with a good group of people.

The purpose for this is because we can play some custom games and evaluate the game so we can give a valid report for everyone that did not get an invite. If we can not play custom games then I guess we can evaluate the matchmaking system.

Xbox Live: Izum27

BTW if you do not have the invite you can post your questions here or request people to try out a few things.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/0

When does this start? I mean the actual beta, not people getting notifications.

Waiting for Microsoft or Bungie to send out the specific starting date. I'll let people know (unless someone beat me to it) when I get the e-mail. I just wanted people who are invited to post their Live IDs so we can get a community going and so that people can ask questions when it starts.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that I am looking back on it ... I signed up the day after the opening for registration so I figured I would miss out. Guess at the end of Phase 1 they just choose people at complete random.

Just a comment.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Me and 2 other friends signed up the morning of the registration. We all got registered. One of them has played Halo from the beginning but isn't online that much. My other friend is online every once in awhile. While I am online at least 2 hours a day. More on weekends.

Wonder if they are looking at online history. Would make sense to me.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
Makes sense. Get beta testers that play H2 all night and all day. That helps to maximize the amount of time H3 gets beta tested, and you know it's always those guys who go out of their way to try stuff to the extreme.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can throw that theory out, I've played Halo 2 on Xbox Live roughly twice, and never for more than 20 minutes.

Never had Live for the Xbox, and all my Halo 2 MP time has been spent at system link parties. Got Live when I got my 360, and I never had any interest in starting from scratch in Halo 2 MP.

So I'm an extreme Halo 2 Live newb, yet I got picked for the beta.

Go figure.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael198 /forum/post/0

I can throw that theory out, I've played Halo 2 on Xbox Live roughly twice, and never for more than 20 minutes.

Never had Live for the Xbox, and all my Halo 2 MP time has been spent at system link parties. Got Live when I got my 360, and I never had any interest in starting from scratch in Halo 2 MP.

So I'm an extreme Halo 2 Live newb, yet I got picked for the beta.

Go figure.

I think I am going to be sick!

(coming from a Halofan who is a daily H2 MM player on live since the day the game came out. I got the first email but not the second one with confirmation

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scmedic /forum/post/0

I got the notification that I might get the invite in the next few days....Have they all gone out already and I just missed out?

Yup, me, too. Hopefuly, we'll get an invite this week. If not, Crackdown, here I come!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.