AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Mark,

AVS already organized a power buy for these fine machines!!!

Sadly I wasn't on the bandwagon with all the other lucky forum members...

Hope to make up for it with a Torus power buy. :D

You really can't blame either the manufacturer's pricing policy or the distribution chain for these niceties being so darn expensive: its the onboard technology that costs loads!

Only time can cure that. ;)

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Anyone seriously concidering a unit please contact me.

While these are very expensive I can still offer a good discount off retail.

Come on dont be shy..step forward. Be the first on your block to own one.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Alan, do you know if the devil is paying anywhere near the cost of a Teranex for one's soul these days..... ;)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Maybe if we could get a power buy of 1,338,761 units, we could get a good enough deal that we could afford one :) But I think you could hold it down to a kidney probably, and keep your soul.

I'm interested though... What can these puppies do with 1080i content? I assume at a minimum it can do good 3/2 pulldown on film based content to 1080p. But can it take it up even higher and do high quality deinterlacing of video based 1080i content?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
There was a thread on these a little while back I believe. From what I remember, it can do sophisticated video deinterlacing on anything, 1080i being one of them. The chasis is almost solid electronics, with boards of multiple-CPUs-on-chips filling it up for a processor per pixel.

Also, last I heard, it has no analog inputs so you need AJA converters for most everything going in and out.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
The only "problem" is that is spits out 1080/24p for film, I think, which doesn't do much good for CRT units desiring something like 1080/72p. Not that I could afford it, but is there an AJA box (or anyone's box) that could take the 1080/24p HD-SDI output and frame triple it to 1080/72p analog RGBHV? If we need to test anything, I've got a G90 ready and willing! :)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
What's the overall RGB rate for 1080p at only 24fps? I was going to say that that might bring it within the bounds of reality for folks with 7" projectors that can't go that high. But of course if you have this problem, than means you have a Terranex, which means that you wouldn't have a 7" CRT system :)

I saw a new NEC 3 chip D-ILA projector the other day that only runs $90K. That would probably make a good combination with the Terranex, if you are into digital.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
As an incentive to buy a Teranex I will throw in a free pen with AVS

inked on the side to the first 3 buyers. Hurry get in line, I only have 3 pens left.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey

I saw a new NEC 3 chip D-ILA projector the other day that only runs $90K.
What a steal! :)

Let me just get out the credit card and I'll put this and the Teranex on it this month. I think I could get enough frequent flyer miles to buy an airplane.

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Alan,

All seriousness aside for just a minute, what you guys need, as a savvy business move, is to spread your wings into the mid west. By strategically placing a Teranex in a mid west HT ( for AVS demo purposes only of course), your exposure would be increased for this fine product. I do know of an individual who would place his HT at you disposal for this purpose PM me for the specifics.:D

Art

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.