AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2804 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the AVS/TVAuthority PowerBuy Thread for the revolutionary new Samsung HLR 1080p Series DLP TVs. For those of you who are new to a “PowerBuy†here’s a quick refresher:

TVAuthority, on behalf of interested AVS members, forecast potential product to be sold & then negotiate special pricing and allocation from Samsung. We pass on these savings to AVS members who get to purchase the latest DLP TV from Samsung at discounted prices. Our prices include free “threshold†shipping which means your brand new toy is brought right inside your home, not left on the curb like others do. By placing a pre-order today, you secure your place in line for the earliest units to hit the country from Samsung! Placing a pre-order is easy – for a limited time you can place your order online at http://www.tvauthority.com/avs-members-only.asp or by calling one of our trained telephone sales representatives at (888) 286-5353, ext 1 for sales. Once your unit comes in stock, a TVA representative will contact you by telephone to confirm your order and payment method. Placing a pre-order simply holds your place in line, and you are free to cancel for no cost at any point before order confirmation and shipping. It’s as easy as that!

The models currently being offered in this PowerBuy are the following:

Samsung HL-R5688W – 56†1080p Pedestal Style DLP TV tentatively due to ship early June.

Samsung HL-R5668W – 56†1080p Table Top DLP TV with tentatively due to ship by Middle/End June

Samsung HL-R6168W – 61†1080p Table Top DLP TV with tentatively due to ship by Middle/End June

Samsung HL-R6768W – 67†1080p Table Top DLP TV with tentatively due to ship by Middle/End June

Please note: We will not release 78 series PowerBuy details until we’ve finalized our pricing & allocation with Samsung but before you ask…we will most certainly offer a PowerBuy on these models.

Due to Samsung pricing advertising policies, we can’t post the price here in the thread, but don’t be shy and visit http://www.tvauthority.com/avs-members-only.asp to see your special AVS members only pricing!

On top of the great pricing, free insured threshold shipping, and trained sales representatives to discuss technology & setup needs, we offer a few extras that enhance your PowerBuy purchase:

· TVAuthority is proud to include all the Samsung HLR products into our much-publicized 5-Star Program. In short, our 5-star program offers a 30-day trial of your new TV. If you choose to return your new TV, we will waive all restocking fees (typically 15-20% at most of our competitors) and get your return all set up. You are required to pay the minimal return shipping fee to us, but we will waive that too if you’d like to exchange your TV for a comparably priced set. For more details on our 5-Star Program, visit http://www.tvauthority.com/5starprogram.asp .

· Due to our physical locations in Santa Monica, CA and Poulsbo, WA, we must collect sales tax from CA and WA customers. Everyone else is purchasing their new TV tax free! To help out our fellow local CA and WA customers, we are offering a free gift upon purchase. As a CA or WA customer, you have the option of receiving either a Repairmaster RMLMP3 replacement lamp warranty policy ($129 retail value) or a Monster Power MP-HTS1000 Power Center ($149 retail value) for free! For everyone else, enjoy your tax free sale! All free gifts will ship out immediately upon shipping your new TV.

· Last, but not least we’re going to give one DLP TV away if TVAuthority ships more than 250 orders for this HLR 1080p Samsung PowerBuy.

If you have any questions about the details of this PowerBuy or the Samsung HLR 1080p TVs, go ahead and post. A TVAuthority representative will monitor this thread to help ensure all of your questions are answered as quickly as possible. Also, don’t be shy about sharing your new purchase excitement with the rest of us!

Neil Kusens

President

TVAuthority Corp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AVS Disclaimer.

This AVS Forum.com (“AVSâ€) post may contain images of and links to third party Web sites (“Linked Sitesâ€). The Linked Sites are not under the control of AVS and AVS is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. AVS is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site nor is AVS responsible if the Linked Site is not working appropriately. AVS is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by AVS of the site or any association with its operators. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the privacy statements and terms of use posted at the Linked Sites.

Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) included within the AVS or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. AVS shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.

AVS IS NOT THE SELLER OR MANUFACTURER OF ANY EQUIPMENT PURCHASED THROUGH A LINKED SITE. THE SELLER/MANUFACTURER MAY HAVE PROVIDED A WARRANTY ON THE GOOD(S) PURCHASED. AVS HAS NOT MADE, AND DOES NOT MAKE, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR CONVENANT, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, CAPABILITY, FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE EQUIPMENT, ITS MERCHANTABILITY OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BUYER AGRES THAT AVS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR EITHER SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, TAMPERING, ABUSE, DAMAGE, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF BUYER’S PURCHASE OF THE EQUIPMENT, ANY DEFECTS IN THE EQUIPMENT, OR FAILURE OF SELLER/MANUFACTURER TO TIMELY DELIVER THE EQUIPMENT.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmmm. It appears that AVS has deleted the previous Samsung Powerbuy thread. Wish they hadn't done that, there is still some status to be reported on that buy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
TVA, are the tentative "Middle/End June" dates referring to the TV's shipping from Samsung to TVA or from TVA to the customers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Since they deleted the other thread, I put my preorder in around 1pm yesterday for a 6168 in case anyone is trying to get a rough estimate of counts. I'm guessing the rebate thing for number sold doesn't apply to this preorder?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ah, we finaly have a new home for the 1080p PowerBuy!

Couple things quickly:

1) I'm not sure where the previous PB thread disapppeared too. I'll contact AVS ASAP to see if I can find out its whereabouts. Later today, we'll post the final count of units sold and update everyone on the rebate checks.

2) The shipping dates are tentative. Our main warehouse is located in Sacramento, CA and Samsung generally ships out of Long Beach, CA, so it's only a 1-2 day ship time from when Samsung ships from them out to us. For those of your on the East Coast, we will be stocking product in our NorthEast warehouse as well. We hope all 4 models ship out by the end of June to our customers!

Thank you everyone for your business!

1080p DLP is finally a reality!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just to add my info to this thread since the old one has gone to the AVS graveyard (why it can't be archived like non-powerbuy threads I don't know)...

I ordered a HLR5668 approx 15 minutes after the start of the powerbuy. I would like to thank TVA for their good pricing and all the helpful information they have provided us over the last several months.

I am a CA resident and haven't decided what Gift I will choose, probably the lamp warranty, any suggestions would be good.

I liked the idea of extra rebates offered as more people ordered, although I am very happy with the price I am paying I liked the idea of tracking sales and having a small interest in how many sets were sold. I think that was a good customer relations promotion and hope TVA doesn't abandon the idea for future promotions. Perhaps TVA could update every couple weeks to let us know how many orders have been placed / shipped anyways.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Jones_CA
Just to add my info to this thread since the old one has gone to the AVS graveyard (why it can't be archived like non-powerbuy threads I don't know)...

I ordered a HLR5668 approx 15 minutes after the start of the powerbuy. I would like to thank TVA for their good pricing and all the helpful information they have provided us over the last several months.

I am a CA resident and haven't decided what Gift I will choose, probably the lamp warranty, any suggestions would be good.

I liked the idea of extra rebates offered as more people ordered, although I am very happy with the price I am paying I liked the idea of tracking sales and having a small interest in how many sets were sold. I think that was a good customer relations promotion and hope TVA doesn't abandon the idea for future promotions. Perhaps TVA could update every couple weeks to let us know how many orders have been placed / shipped anyways.
I personally like the extra rebates idea too since it was originally my idea. : )

However, we listened to our AVS customers, and they indicated they wanted the best price possible upfront so they could compare the pricing apples to apples. We will try the rebate promotion again in the future with other PowerBuys.

We did however maintain the best part of the rebate promotion, which is the free TV for a lucky AVS member if more than 250 are sold. We are well underway to getting to that magic 250 number. Here's a rough quick update on units sold so far:

HL-R5668 - 10-15

HL-R5688 - 1-5

HL-R6168 - 25-30

HL-R6768 - 10-15

Now, don't forget that a percentage of people generally cancel their order for financial reasons, or whatever, so these numbers flucuate often. What's certain is the majority seems to be going for the 61" model right now.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Once again... I am in for the HLR6768...Most likely they will ship the 56" first followed by the 61" then the 67"...already have a beautiful 64" TV stand...all the cables...just need a new DVD player to compliment this new set...DVD forum here I come!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Is there any way to find out what number we are in line? I don't know if you all keep those stats or have access to them or not. Just a curiosity more than anything else.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If I had the room, I would have probably gone for the 6168 too. As it is, the 56 should be just about perfect (only an inch or so hanging off on both sides) on my 49 inch wide tv stand.

Oh, and the the old thread wasn't deleted, it was just un-stuck.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6&page=1&pp=30

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dumb newbie question: does the special AVS Forum pricing "expire" at some point? i.e., is it only for people who preorder now?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus
Dumb newbie question: does the special AVS Forum pricing "expire" at some point? i.e., is it only for people who preorder now?
Expires ~30 days after the TVs start shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on the HLR6168 :D Now all I have to do is build a cabinet, buy a Receiver, DVD, DVR, Speakers, Cables, ... :eek:

I really appreciate this forum and all the effort TVAuthority and the members put into it!

Scott

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonunrama
Just pulled the trigger on the HLR6168 :D Now all I have to do is build a cabinet, buy a Receiver, DVD, DVR, Speakers, Cables, ... :eek:

I really appreciate this forum and all the effort TVAuthority and the members put into it!

Scott
Now the real fun starts :eek:

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyMeister
I'm tempted to come over to the darkside :) but I must wait to see what else will be avilable besides these Samsung (sigh) :( :mad:
Yes, it is REALLY hard not to jump on this, but I've just got to wait and see what the Mits 1080p dlp's look like for comparison.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
The hold up on getting the PB prices for the xx78 sets must be that Samsung hasn't yet decided how to price their 'biggy', the 7178, for the smaller xx78's have direct counterparts in the xx68 series and will presumably be the same price. Since Mits has announced a very competitive MSRP for their comparable 73" 1080p dlp (the WD-73727) of $5800, it will be very interesting to see what Sammy does.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill
The hold up on getting the PB prices for the xx78 sets must be that Samsung hasn't yet decided how to price their 'biggy', the 7178, for the smaller xx78's have direct counterparts in the xx68 series and will presumably be the same price. Since Mits has announced a very competitive MSRP for their comparable 73" 1080p dlp (the WD-73727) of $5800, it will be very interesting to see what Sammy does.
Just keep in mind they usually don't discount the Mits right away...it could be awhile...I have owned 2 Mits a 55" and 65"...and their service in not anywhere near as good as Samsung. I will never buy a Mits again...long story!!!

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651
Just keep in mind they usually don't discount the Mits right away...it could be awhile...I have owned 2 Mits a 55" and 65"...and their service in not anywhere near as good as Samsung. I will never buy a Mits again...long story!!!
Would be interested in hearing the story of your Mits saga if you are willing to brief me. (Can one do pm's in this new format? Couldn't see where to do it.) Seems like some people do think the Mits have the best PQ of the current (720p) dlp's, though they do have some 'issues'. I'm just trying to keep an open mind at present, to judge them when they come out. But the points you raise are certainly important to me also.

1 - 20 of 2804 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.