AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are going to be putting HDNet subscribers on camera at CEDIA as a part of our annual 'what's kewl at CEDIA' program which will start airing in October.

i need some help with questions we should ask-

why do you love your home theater?

what's the kewlest thing you have seen at CEDIA?

how many days would you go without sex in exchange for a bigger, better HDTV?

?

?

not sure yet where we will set up, and i can't guarantee we will get everybody on the show, but we will do our best, depending on the entertainment value of what we capture for HDNet, but i don't think that will be a problem at all.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I would feature more about Directv's HD plans. Feature Dish's HD plans. Get AVSers to talk about what they want to see from the providers.

Stop showing the same Richard Gray power company spots. I know these are paid spots but come on. I want to see what Sony and other companies have to offer. The only thing we see is 20 minutes of runco and richard gray and installers tossing boxes and breaking stuff - yawn.

I used to always look forward to these shows but it's the same thing now over and over now.

Just some honest feedback.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
It is hard to fault HDNet for running commercials which are paid for.

Perhaps if Sony was buying spots, we'd see them, too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we appreciate all feedback as we continue to improve the show.

so far, here's who has agreed to be on camera- Sony, JVC, Runco, DVDO, Yamaha, Sharp, Dolby, and yes, your favorite Dick McCarthy from Richard Gray Power Company.

working on several other companies but we have a limited amount of time to tape the segments, limited amount of camera crews, cooperation from the mfg's and then we have to go edit it all.

from feedback - we will limit the coverage of the installer olympics (last year we had about 8 minutes) my bad, won't happen again. i was thinking everyone would enjoy a good amp toss, plus we have over 1,000 specialty retailers who play us as a 'demo' channel so i thought they would enjoy since most of them don't get to attend CEDIA.

the segments we tape in vendors booths are generally less than 5 minutes, most are 3 minutes, and some, like Richard Gray Power Company are less than 2 minutes, we try to make it as informative and entertaining as possible.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I liked the installer olympics, but I guess one year of that much coverage was enough--if the format of the show is set and cannot be broken into multiple shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeisenbach
from feedback - we will limit the coverage of the installer olympics (last year we had about 8 minutes) my bad, won't happen again. i was thinking everyone would enjoy a good amp toss, plus we have over 1,000 specialty retailers who play us as a 'demo' channel so i thought they would enjoy since most of them don't get to attend CEDIA.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I'm very interested in what Dolby has in store, especially with DDPlus.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I second the provider inquiries. I don't think providers quite understand what the consumer wants. They're just worried about costs. While that is an obvious concern, how do they judge value if they don't know what consumers want? Its especially difficult since Nielson isn't accumulating HD ratings (or are they?).

If TiVo is represented, I'd love to know what their future plans are for HD now that Dish is dropping them. I've heard about CableCard units a while ago, but its been quiet. Maybe they're waiting for the next gen CableCard.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I want to see more consumer-level HDTV, not esoteric stuff only the top 1% or professionals can afford. And pls show the actual products while the salesman is talking, not just the talking head.

·
Registered
28,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k
I want to see more consumer-level HDTV, not esoteric stuff only the top 1% or professionals can afford. And pls show the actual products while the salesman is talking, not just the talking head.
AGREED!! On both counts.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Since I won't be able to attend, what I would love to see is some footage of Sony's, Stewart's and DNP's black screen technology. I think these show the future path of home theater and coverage of this technology will really help sell HD. (Plus I haven't found anyone local doing demos of these screens.)

Duane

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
This was incorrect on my HDTivo at first, so I almost missed it, it was listed as "What's Kewl at CES 2005" for the first showing, it was finally corrected for the 2nd showing before it aired. I haven't gotten to watch all of it yet, but I love these shows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.